APC Forum

PGI Convention Fargo

Bonny

This year's PGI convention is in Fargo, ND. I think I'm going to go for the first time this year. Who else is going?

make sure you take pics and video. would love to see pics of all those people industriously working away at the thing they so love

Its a four hour trip for us, the wife and two kids are going as well. We will be in the NLP compound in the fairgrounds. I will also be teaching a class on "Sunflowers" which are the monocopters I have posted here before. Everybody will get a handful of them to take home and play with. The class itself will not have any pyro manufacturing in it but there is a chance that I will be able to get some assistance from a valued member here for some motors for them ;)

-dag

Is anyone interested in 3.5" end disks? They are 2mm thick and made from thick chipboard with bright white top and bottom. I can get them for $.10 each plus shipping -or- I can bring them to PGI (See, there was a tie in here).

-dag

I'm going. I have a spot reserved and spend most of my time in manufacturing. Stop by and say hello. I hope you make it Bonny 'cause it will be a heck of a hoot!

Mark

I won't be able to go this year, Fargo is too far for the budget this summer. Next year PGI will be pretty close to home, I can't wait.

This year's PGI convention is in Fargo, ND. I think I'm going to go for the first time this year. Who else is going?

I'm only a member of the WPA right now. Does the $100 for new PGI members include access to the annual convention, if not how much is that? Going this year is not an option, but in future years it may be possible. Even if I would have to fly out everytime... It will be extremely interesting to bring all my pyro on a airplane, lol!

I'm only a member of the WPA right now. Does the $100 for new PGI members include access to the annual convention, if not how much is that? Going this year is not an option, but in future years it may be possible. Even if I would have to fly out everytime... It will be extremely interesting to bring all my pyro on a airplane, lol!

No, it's an additional $155.00 for the primary member before July 1st and them it goes up to $170.00 come July 1st.

-dag

Is anyone interested in 3.5" end disks? They are 2mm thick and made from thick chipboard with bright white top and bottom. I can get them for $.10 each plus shipping -or- I can bring them to PGI (See, there was a tie in here).

-dag

I'm interested in some end disks. Even if I don't get to PGI I would like some. I really want to go this year even if only for a few days. Just hard with 2 kids now...

I'm interested in some end disks. Even if I don't get to PGI I would like some. I really want to go this year even if only for a few days. Just hard with 2 kids now...

I'm bringing my two youngest too, JPA takes them for the week and keeps them out of my hair. The wife also chases them around so i can build and teach. Look in the agora and shoot me an email with the amount you want, I will see how many fit into a small, medium and large box when they arrive on Monday.

-dag

I won't be able to go this year, Fargo is too far for the budget this summer. Next year PGI will be pretty close to home, I can't wait.

Same deal for me. I'm drooling over my plans for the 2012 convention. I look forward to watching the videos and hearing the stories of this year.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful this morning, 64 degrees and blue sky. Fantastic pyro-musical last night, first one filmed well, salute barrage at the end knocked out auto focus and second show is blurry, I'll set it for manual tonight.

Fear not, I will post video as soon as I can find wireless for the lappy.

Visco runs $25.00 for 350', smaller rolls for the same cash. They also have 3" cut pieces in 100 pc bundles for $1.50 ea. I got 10 bundles, 250' for $15.00. Nice stuff!

-dag

Hope you all are having an awesome time! I look forward to the video and stories. See everyone next year! I've been drooling for months and there's yet another year to go. Good thing I got MPAG.

Well, I am back ;)

No wireless at convention and it will take awhile to go through the video so be patient please. I am just pulling all the footage from the lappy and bringing it over to the video rig.

-dag