APC Forum

5 inch bow tie

fredhappy

This one turned out quite ok. I will try improving the symmetry of ring and bowtie a bit next time. Break is 50/50 Kp-hulls and mcrh. It is a very cool pattern to see..

File is a bit on the big side. I ve bought a new Panasonic hd cam, and I like trying to keep the original image quality. Sound is quite accurate with this cam, just listen to the break. I need to do some extra tweaking to get a better image quality.This is standard firework setting, but all parameters can be changed.

If any of you guys are camcorder wizards, please drop me a message. I'd be interested in advanced tips for parameter tweaking...:)

post-10434-0-64171400-1308452047_thumb.jpg

Nice! Only tailed stars could be made from stronger visible composition like golden wave, or fine winokur, BP stramer. Colored stars perfect. Round or cut core?

Nice! Only tailed stars could be made from stronger visible composition like golden wave, or fine winokur, BP stramer. Colored stars perfect. Round or cut core?

@ Ralph: Thx, red composition is buell red, a quit good carbonate red. Rolls very easily, easy to make. Can be bound with water and dextrin as opposed to Sr(NO3)2 and its need for volatile solvents.

@ carlos: THX. I have chosen this fast burning streamer compo on purpose. Next week I will shoot a small show at a party, were it is not possible to have any kind of fallout. I ve been practising with smaller stars and faster burning compo's to eliminate burning particles falling back . Glitter or Kamuro works very nice for bowtie .All stars I use are round rolled, and screened very accurately down to 1 mm accurate.

Very Nice Fred.

Your build some of the best.

Thanks for sharing,

BJV

This one turned out quite ok. I will try improving the symmetry of ring and bowtie a bit next time. Break is 50/50 Kp-hulls and mcrh. It is a very cool pattern to see..

File is a bit on the big side. I ve bought a new Panasonic hd cam, and I like trying to keep the original image quality. Sound is quite accurate with this cam, just listen to the break. I need to do some extra tweaking to get a better image quality.This is standard firework setting, but all parameters can be changed.

If any of you guys are camcorder wizards, please drop me a message. I'd be interested in advanced tips for parameter tweaking...:)

While I realize that you wish to retain all the same quality of the original file, you could also post it on YouTube so that we that do not have high speed internet could peek at it too. ;)

-dag

While I realize that you wish to retain all the same quality of the original file, you could also post it on YouTube so that we that do not have high speed internet could peek at it too. ;)

-dag

I understand what you mean , but youtube is being viewed as public space by certain law enforcement agencies in this hemisphere . I'd rather upload my files on a forum , so that the clips can only be viewed by serious members.

I wish we had so much space as you guys have. I wish we had the opportunity to have normal pyro clubs as you guys have. I wish for it not to be so darn overpopulated over here. Unfortunately it has to be a bit hush hush. If you want, I ve got a smaller version of the bowtie, its about 5 mb I think.

I understand what you mean , but youtube is being viewed as public space by certain law enforcement agencies in this hemisphere . I'd rather upload my files on a forum , so that the clips can only be viewed by serious members.

I wish we had so much space as you guys have. I wish we had the opportunity to have normal pyro clubs as you guys have. I wish for it not to be so darn overpopulated over here. Unfortunately it has to be a bit hush hush. If you want, I ve got a smaller version of the bowtie, its about 5 mb I think.

You can post the videos as "unpublished" and law enforcement woul need a warrant to view them unless you share the URL. The only problem with your idea of posting them here to keep them private is that they are not, each posting here is viewable on google.... Sorry :(

You can post the videos as "unpublished" and law enforcement woul need a warrant to view them unless you share the URL. The only problem with your idea of posting them here to keep them private is that they are not, each posting here is viewable on google.... Sorry :(

Geesh,a well..I know everything is viewable if you look for it, but only posting it here puts up a bit more of a barrier. This is a forum specificaly for pyrotechnics. I guess you are right, but I´d rather choose not to use youtube.

I just let it download while we are at a grad party and it was waiting for me when I got home.

Nice ring!!

-dag

• 12 years later...
On 6/19/2011 at 4:58 AM, fredhappy said:

post-10434-0-64171400-1308452047_thumb.jpg

Hello fredhappy, I see you use kp hulls: 50:50, I ´m reading somewhere, kp is stronger for this type of shell, and the good burst is bp with rice puffed, so you are saying the burst was ok , so you pasted your shell no like other ? Like 5 or layers Kraft pasted or gum tape? Thanks because I love this shell , I tried one time and it was ok , but I feel the burst was not enough energetic : the bow tie was not like I want . Ps: i tried with a 4 inch shell and 8mm stars pumped : yellow sunrise, and red indépendance cutted 6 mm , 8mm plus prime , thanks for reading,, bye bye …