APC Forum

Estes Motor Find

Blackthumb

Just found over 100 Estes Motors I have had for years.....now that I have duplicated their results, I don't have need for them. Will post them in the Agora...

Anyone on this forum still use them?

post-10839-0-08047800-1307929612_thumb.jpgpost-10839-0-99601800-1307929624_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you want for them BT, I am teaching a class at PGI this year and I would love it if the kids could take the project home with them, engine and all. If they pound a motor there, I have to put them into the magazine and they cant light them :(

-dag

What sizes are they?

120 - A83

15 - D12-0

14 - D12-5

9 - C6-0

3 - C6-5

3 firing units

The A8-3's are 3 to a pack but the igniters have deterioriated.....

They have been kept dry and work fine....

PM me with offer or questions...

post-10839-0-88893400-1307971117_thumb.jpgpost-10839-0-26849500-1307971130_thumb.jpgpost-10839-0-82281000-1307971153_thumb.jpg

You may want to make sure you're shipping them legally. I really don't know the regulations off hand.

All engines smaller then E can go USPS via ORM-D shipping, E sizes can only be shipped via UPS.

Call your post master to get the details and the forms, it does not cost any extra to send them.

-dag

Dag....look at the list and let me know what you need.....I'll make it right for the kids...was shocked to see current Estes prices....no wonder I pound my own...

120 - A83

15 - D12-0

14 - D12-5

9 - C6-0

3 - C6-5

3 firing units

Let me know what you want for them BT, I am teaching a class at PGI this year and I would love it if the kids could take the project home with them, engine and all. If they pound a motor there, I have to put them into the magazine and they cant light them :(

-dag

All engines smaller then E can go USPS via ORM-D shipping, E sizes can only be shipped via UPS.

Call your post master to get the details and the forms, it does not cost any extra to send them.

-dag

there's a whole lot that goes into shipping rocket motors "legally". however, i felt it prudent to clarify your post since UPS will not accept hazmat shipments from private individuals. only commercial businesses shipping via a hazmat "business" account with them. same with fedex. USPS will accept shipments of 1.4S motors (those with less than 30g of propellent) from private individuals, however they require a letter of authorization, which is outlined here...

the shipper must present to their Postmaster a ÒLetter of

AuthorizationÓ, addressed to them personally from the USPS Manager of Mail Preparations and

Standards (475 LÕEnfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20260), which authorizes them to enter

these motors into the U.S. Mail. Getting such a letter requires 30-60 days, and requires the

consumer to provide specific information about the motors that he plans to ship, including a

dimensioned drawing and a Material Safety Data Sheet for each motor type.

http://www.nar.org/pdf/shipping_rocket_motors.pdf

read and understand the rules. not trying to discourage you, but shipping BP devices is a lot more involved than most thing...especially when dealing with harmless estes motors that have been around for decades.

I have shipped 1.4 legally through both USPS and FedEx, it is not nearly as complicated as it looks. FedEx ships 1.4 explosives such as motors, fuse and the like (no fireworks) for non business persons LINK. I ship the UPS Hazardous items through my work account so I have no idea what the restrictions are through them.

Also, the local postmaster can arrange the approval and bypass the need to mail a letter to the USPS Manager of Mail Preparations and Standards. My approval for fuse shipping through the USPS took four days to get my ORM-D.

-dag

Edited by dagabu