APC Forum

your opinions

madmandotcom

LINK REMOVED

i found this but it doesn't seem to have anything other than rockets, smoke bombs and salutes, what do you think about it?

Edited by TheSidewinder
Removed link

LINK REMOVED

i found this but it doesn't seem to have anything other than rockets, smoke bombs and salutes, what do you think about it?

I think when the blind lead the blind both end up in a ditch

secondly did you get permission to use other people pictures (If some one wants to use my pictures 95% of the time if they ask I am more than happy to allow them to 99.8% of the time if they use them with out asking it is extremely furstrating)

Edited by TheSidewinder
Please don't quote links that shouldn't be here in the first place

I think when the blind lead the blind both end up in a ditch

Blind in one eye and cant see out of the other... ;)

MMDC,

I'm not worthy to comment on the Holy Grail of Instructables that you have discovered. Shimizu pales in comparisn. It's a pitty that you wasted so much time here on APC (and now you won't have to). You now have all there is to know. You will likely surpass even the GrandMaster Mumbles.

Somebody please shoot me, :wacko:

I like the definitions. Did you guys know all that about water?

Pretty sure some one before me said something about a band playing banjos that had bandanas while their bandleader banged a bright bantam. Not sure if that was chickens or not but........ that being said.....a band of brothers whose banckcards led to untrusty banking practices may as well end up in pyro

Pretty sure some one before me said something about a band playing banjos that had bandanas while their bandleader banged a bright bantam. Not sure if that was chickens or not but........ that being said.....a band of brothers whose banckcards led to untrusty banking practices may as well end up in pyro

Ohhhhhhhh, that was sweet! ;)

-dag

Well I'm not going to be rude about MMDC, but I'm going to be extremely rude about this "book". I'll read it and review it so others don't have to. It is, quite simply, utterly dishonest and total garbage.

Basic Pyrotechnics for the Average Teenager By Jason Rucks $8.99 from good booksellers everywhere, or free from MMDC

It opens with the usual "don't sue me" disclaimers and a gory picture of a fingerless bleeding stump, no doubt taken from a CPSC presentation to a national conference of lady fire marshals. Well, I suppose it's possible that a person could hurt themselves with the compounds described herein, but it would be somewhat difficult to cause the illustrated injury. "10 grams of black powder can easily kill you if the circumstances are right", he says. Well strictly speaking I suppose it could, if it was at the end of a steel pipe with a lead ball in front of it and you were looking down the tube as you lit it. But probably not black powder made the way the author describes it. You'd have to settle for just losing an eye.

If I were a noob teenager, the book's intended audience, it would drive me crazy with what it doesn't explain. For example, "Making Smoke Bombs" tells you, "start off by ramming a small amount of bentonite", yet nowhere in the entire text does it give any description of "ramming" or mention that you may need a hammer. Even worse, and dangerous, the very next section called "Making Sugar Rockets" starts off, "I'm not going to explain the details of making the actual motor, because it is essentially the same as a smoke bomb. I have not tried this successfully, so I will not go into details" (my emphasis). As it says at the end of that section, "don't follow my instructions alone" (author's emphasis). Indeed. This must be some new use of the term "instructions" with which I'm unfamiliar.

The last section of the book is a tutorial lifted and reproduced verbatim from Pyroguide. At least the author has the decency to attribute, with the words "courtesy of www.pyroguide.com", but notably lacking is any sort of statement including the words "by permission". Then at the end, this jerkoff has the effrontery to say "This compilation is the work of Jason Sucks and may not be reproduced in any way, shape or form without written permission from the author". Ah, Jason, but which author are you referring to?

Instructables is not an altogether bad site, but in general, people who write articles there or invoke its name do know a little bit of what they're talking about. Mucks clearly knows nothing whatsoever about pyrotechnics, aside from what he picked up in a few minutes browsing PyroGuide, and in my opinion he's as full of shit and wind as if he'd taken an enema of his own black powder and sat on a camp fire. Almost anyone on this forum could do better.

Doubtless this book will be snapped up and published by AFN and available from the usual retailers next year for $29.95, or $49.95 from Skylighter. (That's a joke.) Now excuse me, I'm off to visit the mythical Okeechobee Discount Drugs store, where Sulfur, Potassium Nitrate, Charcoal and Boric Acid can all be found on the same shelf. No doubt the Potassium Chlorate, Eckart Dark Aluminum and Paris Green are on the shelf below. Nitroglycerin and Calomel, you just have to ask at the pharmacy desk.

may i ask how this is in breech of the rules?

thankyou for your input

Basic pyrotechnics for Justin Bieber? <_<

may i ask how jb comes into this?

thankyou for your input

may i ask how jb comes into this?

1.) It appears that you posted a document that you do not own on this forum for download. FAIL!

2.) You called Justin Bieber jb. Fail! ;)

*;) this emoticon indicates sarcasm and should not be confused with a wink as it is normally used by myself. There is no sarcasm emoticon available that I have found so this is a suitable substitute.

-dag

This is your one and only warning, madmandotcom. Do not post links to copyrighted materials. Another infraction of the rule will get you banned.

It does not have to SAY it's copyrighted specifically, but the very last page of the document clearly states:

"This compilation is the work of Jason Rucks and may not be

reproduced in any way, shape or form, without written permission

from the author."