APC Forum

The Joys of Metal Casings

Swany

Well, some fellow at Totse (an idiot even by their standards) and his buddies were tossing around some COBs while wasted. As a result, Well, he lost a finger that I think they re-attached and part of a thumb etc. Full story:http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum19/HTML/010398.html

And pictures!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/Sir...sq/Mvc-001f.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/Sir...sq/Mvc-099f.jpg

So, fellows; even if you take proper precautions, is it really worth it? Just use cardboard, and not with dowel endplugs as those have been known to chip teeth and I belive some have hit legs.

Also, if you have any more exellent pictures or whatever to contribute to this, please do.

Comments are appreciated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rocket

• Ralph

• maximusg

• pyrochris

Thats sick. We should show these images more often to deter kewls and noobs from random acts of stupidity.

Agreed.

Put them on the registration page.

IIRC there is a pyro page somewhere that has a "consequences" section with some nice kewl deterant pics to. Anyone got the link?

*edit* Found it, check sig ;)

Some of those pics are really fuck up maximusg but hey that’s what happens when a kid puts a blasting cap in his mouth.

Don’t be eating when you click that link :P

Agreed.

IIRC there is a pyro page somewhere that has a "consequences" section with some nice kewl deterant pics to. Anyone got the link?

you definately need a disclaimer in that sig man. I threw up while watching the first picture.

Yeah that may be a good idea but it may work better as a shock kind of thing. I’ve been trying to figer out the bottom pic where the body starts and ends.

Agreed.

you definately need a disclaimer in that sig man. I threw up while watching the first picture.

okay okay... you weak stomached bafoons ;)

Allthough it definatley needs to be taken seriously id say you were alot more likely to do and injury like that say using a chainsaw or falling of your bike.

Many years ago a good friend of mine was riding his bike a tad too fast, like perhaps 40 MPH too fast, took a corner and came upon an unmarked speed bump. The first words he heard when he woke up was some dude saying "I found his leg over here." Seven months in the hospital and a new prosthetic leg later and he was back riding. Hard core. Not that this relates to pyro, but anything with a lot of power has to be respected or you'll be shedding body parts, and our hobby is no exception.

When entering the PFP database there is a link to go to a consequences page, i don't know if its the same as i didn't bother to check.

Many years ago a good friend of mine was riding his bike a tad too fast, like perhaps 40 MPH too fast,  took a corner and came upon an unmarked speed bump.  The first words he heard when he woke up was some dude saying "I found his leg over here."  Seven months in the hospital and a new prosthetic leg later and he was back riding.  Hard core.  Not that this relates to pyro, but anything with a lot of power has to be respected or you'll be shedding body parts, and our hobby is no exception.

thats a little far fetched dude, no way in hell do you lose a leg from going 40 miles an hour on a bike, regardless if you hit a speed bump or not. I have seen bike accidents where they go 160+ and no body parts were lost.

EDIT: Lol my bad man, thought u meant he was going 40mph, thanks mumbles for clearing that up ;)

I think he meant going 40mph too fast. So 40 mph on top of what is safe. Anyway, a teacher of mine from high school almost had to have his leg amputated a month or so ago from a bike accident up in Vermont. Not that it got torn off, but just from the shattering of the bone and such.

Why do people make such dangerous devices? :huh:

I sometimes am afraid when I am pasting a 3" shell because god knows what it would do to me when it goes off..

Strange though

When you don't have any knowledge nor experience in pyro, HE you wanna do it all, you don't have any fears.

Once you know how to and have experience you start wondering if it is a good idea making shells and stuff.

At least that is how it goes with me.

BTW, has anyone seen that picture of what a M80 did to a kid's hand?

I think it is on D4jon's site.

Pyrochris, you're exactly right, it's not likely to loose a leg GOING 40, but it was a 30 MPH zone and he was going 40 over the limit. Actually, he was buzzing past an ex-girlfriends house at 70MPH at 2:00 A.M. on a KZ9000 while buzzed out of his mind on meth. He hit a speedbump and lost it and his leg was crushed below the knee between the bike and the parked car he hit. It was apparently caught on the bumper and the force ripped him over the top of the car. I was home safely in my bed and not part of this lunacy so I can only relate to the story as it was told to me, but the lack of the lower leg is factual.

Actually the guy came out of it pretty well considering the lack of a foot. After he got out of the hospital he rebuilt an old BSA Lightning, since the shifter was on the other side!

On another topic, Mardec, I agree with you. I've been doing this forever and I still have respect for evan a few grams of flash. Packing a shell I always think "what if this bitch went off NOW." I don't fear it, but I do by-God respect it. I have a few scars, but I can still count to 10 :)

I remember seeing a pic where a guy committed suicide with a M-80 or type of device by putting it in his mouth I was gunna post it but I cant find it. It was a very clear daytime pic the guys laying on the road with no mouth or nose I could only see one eye, oh and he still had the lighter in his hand.

The PFP page has a pic of someone who put a cap in their mouth. Very disturbing.

I remember seeing a pic where a guy committed suicide with a M-80 or type of device by putting it in his mouth I was gunna post it but I cant find it. It was a very clear daytime pic the guys laying on the road with no mouth or nose I could only see one eye, oh and he still had the lighter in his hand.

i am so never going into the safety thread again after this. :unsure:

I want to click on those links so bad, but human gore has the tendency to disturb me. Funny how I have the urge to look at something that will bother me. Maybe I'll work up the nerve tomorrow to do so. ;)