APC Forum

My first 4 Fin rocket

donperry

excellent work. i wonder if my endburners give enough thrust to get up stickless.

that would be good. Your only concern might be the balancing to make it fly.

I had to add a bunch of coins near the nosecone of my rocket to get it to fly.

in all i added about the same weight as the motor itself to the nose.

everything weighed .92 pounds

thats what i thought, ive been hearing that a heavier nose gives more stability[coins though] does this also slow it down somewhat i imagine too fast a take off would decrease the stability unless perfectly balanced.

thats what i thought, ive been hearing that a heavier nose gives more stability[coins though] does this also slow it down somewhat i imagine too fast a take off would decrease the stability unless perfectly balanced.

coins gave me the best weight for their tiny size. I was using stones but stone was too light.

Basically when ur rocket is flying you want the nose to be at the front of the rocket and not the tail or side.

The best way to get it is to think of a stone with cloth or a kite tail attached to it. When u throw that stone the stone will always be ahead of the tail.

Same with an arrow

Same with a stick based rocket - the head is the heavier section.

once the CG [center of gravity] is higher/nearer to the cone than the CP [Center of pressure] then it will fly.

Weight is not always needed, as long as the center of pressure is far enough below the CG. That means that broader fins and longer a tube will work.

You can either lengthen it, add nose cone weight, enlarge the fins or a combination of all three.

;)

plz try it

As for slowing it down i do not know as yet but mathematics indicate that it should slow it down.

Edited by donperry