APC Forum

Video editing?

moondogman

Hello all

Well if im gonna take video of my rockets catoing im gonna need to edit all the cussing and other stumbling around. Anybody got a line on some free editing software?

Steve

Hello all

Well if im gonna take video of my rockets catoing im gonna need to edit all the cussing and other stumbling around. Anybody got a line on some free editing software?

Steve

If your OS is Windows 7 I use (Windows Live Movie Maker) it's free

BJV

Edited by BJV

For your need your can use movie maker and you will have no probleme to edit your video. If you want a more complete program you can always downlaod free trial. It only last 30 days but you can create a new e-mail and have it for an other 30 days. Program like Ulead are really easy to use and much more complete that movie maker but I really think that for your need you will be ok with movie maker.

Try "Wax" Its good and free. I use the sony vegas trial and I dont know why it hasn't expired (I havent done anything to it) but Im not complaining.

Ok. Im sure that featues will increase with the price, but for just pyro videos, you wouldn't need that much extra stuff.

I have SONY Vegas and Pinnacle Studio Plus, they both work but Windows Live Movie Maker is still my favorite, it loads faster, has a faster interface and finishes the rendering faster.

This one from this winter is a good example of its abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lrYAjp-w6w

Edited by dagabu

Well im still stuck in an XP world. So movie maker wont work. ill check out wax.

Steve

I use XP, and it has Movie Maker. However, Movie Maker is to other video software as Microsoft Paint is to Adobe Photoshop - like, the least Microsoft could get away with. The problem I have with it is the extremely limited range of formats it supports. I have to run a format converter on the output of my cameras (XVID) to get it in a format Movie Maker will open. I have Ulead, but I've come to look on it as a last resort - it's slow, it crashes, and it also is very choosy about what formats it will open.

I recently got Lightworks, a free open source editor. I haven't done much with it yet but it looks extremely promising.