APC Forum

Stanley Meyers Hydrogen generator

psymon

I have just managed to make one of these hydrogen generators. Its a pulse curcuit that uses less than 5 amps of power at 12 volts in pure water to make the same amount of hydrogen you would from 20 amps of power at 12 volts and using Sodium hydroxide solution.

Its pretty cool. Right now its bubbling away from a set of 8 rechargeable batteries. I will put it in a proper box and make some better stainless steel plates in the next few weeks. My first project will be to make a bunsen burner using pure water....

I am very impressed with the volume of gas coming off. The water does not heat up either.

I stupidly purchased two old style electrolosys hydrogen generators off ebay (from Mastaboost) for $150 they are useless. They just turn the water to steam (from heating the water to 100c) and a tiny amount of hydrogen. Now I can make hydrogen and oxygen (browns gas) much quicker, cleaner and for less power.

Has anyone else made one of these?

The patents and the diagrams say explain that water has a resonant frequency a bit like glass. If you sing the right note you can break the glass. Well the same is for water. If you put in a pulse it breaks the H20 bonds quicker than if you just use DC electric.

PM me your email address and I will forward on a 220k PDF with diagram, components list etc. Also if I send you this PDF and you make it let me know your results. Thanks,

I am currently testing it out to see how much increase of gas I get from this project. It uses 3.97-4amps at between 10-18 volts. Depending on which transformer I use. I would like to make a burner from the gas but I am worried about how I would burn it. i.e. the intimate mix of hydrogen and oxygen is explosive and if I lit this at the end of the tube the gas would ignite down the tube and blow up the generator. How would I go about stopping a flashback?

Had great fun lighting bubbles of browns gas. They crack so loudly I had ringing in my ears for ages after!

Hmm, interesting setup, where do you get all this stuff from, I am only 14 so I can't buy things easily and I don't have much money, did you use the websites provided on the document.

Depends what you mean. The information or the parts? The information came from the net. The parts I bought from Maplin Electronics. Not sure where you are from but if you are in the Uk then you should know the shop. USA I guess would be Radioshack or Tandy? You can get the components from www.maplin.co.uk In all I think they cost me about £15. I didnt need to buy board, or solder etc. as I had it already and I didnt buy some non essential parts like fuse or main on off switch so that made it cheaper.

I am from new zealand, i will try Maplin Electronics, if they cannot ship I will look for local resources, I hope I can make one of these:)

I very much doubt you can improve electrolysis efficiency some 500% by pulsing the current. Sounds like "free energy via cold fusion" to me. If you could, you could put the H2 + O2 back through a fuel cell and get a perpetuum mobile plus unlimited energy supplies. In fact this patent must have slipped through the regulations.

Yeah sure water does have a resonant frequency, around 2.4 GHz. But it does not break the H-O bonds while keeping the water cold, instead it heats it up with the bonds intact. Ever heard of a microwave oven?

From my understanding a Microwave oven uses radio waves. Electrolosys is totally different. The circuit works for me however I am not sure how much extra gas is produced (if any at all). This could be because I could not obtain the exact components for the circuit. I am not sure how to measure the volume of gas. I can certianly turn the reaction up and down using the potetiometers. If anyone else makes one of these devices then please post their results here. Thanks. Maybe I put this in the wrong area. Would electronics/general be a better discussion area?

meyer_circuit_revised.pdf