APC Forum

Larger pneumatic Cannons

moonshot

Here are some pics of a pneumatic cannon I made. It has interchangable barrels 2" and 3". The tank is made from 4" ABS and couplers. It uses a manual operated 2" ball valve and has a quick disconnect fitting at the air inlet so you can fill it and take it where you want to fire it. Also the filler chuck has an air valve and guage so you know how much PSI the tank is charged with. My favorite ammo for the 3" barrel is a 12 oz beer can full of water. Packs a good whallop at 100 PSI. Someday I'll fit it with an electric valve and push button switch. I bought a small portable compressor from Harbor Freight so I can take it mobile. Maybe someday the paint ball thing will scale up to where they are using Ford broncos as APC's and I can use it as an antitank gun.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/di...07/S3011406.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/di...07/S3011407.jpg

• 3 months later...
oh jesus please tell me your lieing about the abs chamber. abs is NOT pressure rated!!! use pvcsch40!!! not cellular core abs!!!! its fine for simple combustions but not for pneumatics!!!!!! oh you should put a spring on that valve to make it open faster. look on spudfiles.

• 3 weeks later...
The chamber is schedule 40 ABS but I'm switching over to schedule 40 pvc and going with a sprinkler valve setup. Thanks for the heads up on ABS.

Ok, u need the whole story on pvc vs. abs, though pvc is pressure rated and such when it does fail it shatters(shrapnel). That means a bunch of small pieces of plastic imbeded in your body. abs on the other hand only tares thus your pretty safe if your near it when is goes and if you want u can get schedule 80 abs. And finnally pvc degrades in sunlight thus making them dangerous if u keep your spudgun out side, which is not a problem with abs.