APC Forum

Pianomistro got a lot of good press. Glad I didn't order from him...

Guest no6

He must have fallen on hard times.

Would really like to hear his comment.

Wolter's a pretty good substitute. Costs more, or does it really?

no offence but if you press the edit button you can turn those 4 tiny posts into one normal length one

Hi Ralph. I'll give you a longer post if you like.

In researching rocket tooling I came across references to Pianomistro's work many times. I was skeptical. His prices were below what I thought was reasonable (I'm an accountant). There was no way he could be making money with these prices. Factor in the cost of raw materials, labor, there's no way. I'll bet he was blindsided by this realization as well. So he shut his site down. Fine. But he never fulfilled the prior orders. That's a problem.

Then I noticed he put his site back online soliciting new orders. That's a bigger problem.

Yes, I'm sure he's a good guy who is struggling with financial problems. But that doesn't make up for committing theft. I'd like him to come forward and state his case.

State your case, Pianomistro, and we'll do what we can to help you. You seem like a good guy and we're all living in tough times. Come back into the fold.

NO6,

I have urged everyone time and again to be patient and allow Grant to come forward and take care of his dirty laundry but alas, he has shaken the dust off his sandals.

In the beginning, I was so excited that he would work on tooling for us and make what we wanted that I offered to finance him outright, he didn't like that so I offered a micro-loan, intending to post a stock purchase (not real stock mind you) here to buy in on the lathe and tools. Again, he declined.

Then came the two lathe breakdowns, repairs, more repairs, etc. In that time, I took some cash and bought my own lathe and have been doing onsey-twosey tools for those that just cant afford to buy Firesmith or Wolter tooling.

Now, I dont make star plates but I can make just about anything that is turned so if there is anyone that got ripped off by Grant, post what it is you are missing, if NO6 is serious about making good on his debts, I will donate $20.00 of materials (aluminum only) and my time to make good on what I can for Grants sake. NO6's money can go for shipping.

Please list what you are missing and I will try my hardest to work on them over the summer since my shop is now warm enough to work in. I do have some media to finish this weekend and then I am all caught up.

Yeah, I'm serious. Us rocket guys are few and far between and we should help each other out.

If you create the PayPal account I'll be the first contributor. You are certainly closer to the situation than I.

I want Pianomistro back and posting.