APC Forum

Pillbox stars

Rocket007

nowhere i saw this topis so i make it. how do you make them?

can be the tube made of PVC? which compositions are the best for it. and plz some photos of the manufacture.

ROK

No, you can't use PVC. It would be incredibly dangerous and stupid.

Pillbox stars are pretty simple. You lay a piece of black match through a tube wiith 1/2" or so sticking out both ends. You pack composition in around it. Thats about it. There are specific formulas for pillbox stars if you look around for them.

if that are pillbox stars why cant i see the fuse on the ends or what stars are that?

here is a picture from pyroman2 are this pillbox stars

Rok

Those are not pilbox stars, they are serpents (aerial fountains IIRC).

This is a diagram of a pillbox star

http://www.jackerypyro.com/images/stars_pb.jpg

The red line represents the fuse that goes through the comp.

why i need a fuse by the pillbox stars. the hot gases will light the star in the tub so why i need i fuse . And how do you make serpents.

lp

why i need a fuse by the pillbox stars. the hot gases will light the star in the tub so why i need i fuse . And how do you make serpents.

lp

The fuse is there mainly as a safety mechanism, the fuse will light far easier than the composition so basicly it's there to ensure ignition. Most composition for pillbox stars are color or high aluminium content stars which don't light quite as easy as some composition. The match running through the star lights very easily.