APC Forum

Making spherical titanium

ballmill

I work in a shop with an abundance of scrap titanium chips from the mills. Could I somehow make titanium to be used in fireworks with titanium chips possibly running them through my ball mill? Titanium is very hard, so I'm having doubts it would break up in a ball mill.

I suppose I could sell it if someone really wanted some.. but what will they do with it? I'd like to learn how to make it into something useful so I can use it too!

I suppose I could sell it if someone really wanted some.. but what will they do with it? I'd like to learn how to make it into something useful so I can use it too!

Ti makes sparks when heated up enough to burn. The chips have to be relatively small to do so and grinding can reduce the size to a pyrotechnic size. What I am looking for is turnings that I can reduce with a plate grinder, turnings work very well for this purpose but long curly windings clog it up so only chips and saw chips are used in the wheel.

Ti makes sparks when heated up enough to burn. The chips have to be relatively small to do so and grinding can reduce the size to a pyrotechnic size. What I am looking for is turnings that I can reduce with a plate grinder, turnings work very well for this purpose but long curly windings clog it up so only chips and saw chips are used in the wheel.

dagabu you guys talking about Ti. I had to go look in my pyro shop.

I bought 25lbs of this Ti. I passes through a 60 mesh screen. I sure it came

from turnings and it works great.

BJV

http://barry.dcwisp.net/Ti.jpg