need a formula

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 abbykarim

abbykarim

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:from the first time i made my own bp i literally smelt the smoke and knew id be becoming an addict

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

hi guys, im a firework virgin and im about to make my first fire work. its kinda tough cause im from trinidad in the caribbean and our laws are real shity, chemicals are very restricted and books and resources are almost forbidden......so i have been trying to learn all that i can over a year now. reading and watching videos on you tube. i still havent done it yet. i have a few hangups. ive never been able to get all the good formulas at one location, but this forum helps so much. i havent fully understood how to make hot ignitor prime and when it should be used. how is bp with parlon combined, and the use and making of boosters......can any one show me ling to those on this forum?

#22 pyrokid

pyrokid

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Pyro, soccer, guitar.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

I can't think of any instances of BP being combined with parlon. What are you referring to?

Boosters are less complex than they sound. They are a faster burning composition that is used to "boost" the strength of the break charge. In some cases it is an expedient method used to circumvent traditional techniques. This means that they can be done without. One word of caution, many booster comps are sensitive and very fast burning, a dangerous combination. For first shells, hot black powder is all you need. A booster, such as flash powder or whistle, is put near the center of the shell, with the rest of the break charge.

Hot igniter prime is used to ignite particularly stubborn stars. That is, stars that don't ignite easily. There are a couple common formulas for this purpose, and you can pick the one that matches best with the chemicals available to you.

Is Trinidad an island paradise?

• abbykarim likes this

#23 abbykarim

abbykarim

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:from the first time i made my own bp i literally smelt the smoke and knew id be becoming an addict

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

I can't think of any instances of BP being combined with parlon. What are you referring to?

Is Trinidad an island paradise?

i saw that in the formula list for this page....i'll try to tag it but im still trying to figure out how to do those options on my i pad.

as for the island paradise....you got that right....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users