APC Forum

need a formula

Algenco

I can't find it, don't own the right books.

If anyone has Hardt's Nishiki Kamuro formula I would appreciate it

Thanks

Frankly, I have no idea whatsoever if it is correct, I would like to see what it does for you though ;)

Nishiki Kamuro can be a lot of different effects, the Kamuro is the haircut look of the stars as they drop, Nishiki Kamuro is just Japanese for Brocade Crown.

Frankly, I have no idea whatsoever if it is correct, I would like to see what it does for you though wink2.gif

Nishiki Kamuro can be a lot of different effects, the Kamuro is the haircut look of the stars as they drop, Nishiki Kamuro is just Japanese for Brocade Crown.

All I know is they shell I saw was beautiful!

HEY!! You are the guy that wants a uber brocade shell :blush:

Imagine, building up 1/2" of pasted paper to contain the shell.... by hand. :huh:

You gotta make a red strobing pistil!!!! It looks amazing.

Dagabu, that's why they made the wasp. It's not like they're that expensive :wacko:

Imagine, building up 1/2" of pasted paper to contain the shell.... by hand. :huh:

HELL NO!! :blink: I remember hearing somewhere it takes over a mile of gummed paper tape to paste a 12" shell with the WASP, seems a little nuts but I almost believe it.

HEY!! You are the guy that wants a uber brocade shell blush.gif

Imagine, building up 1/2" of pasted paper to contain the shell.... by hand. 2huh.gif

you build it I'll paste it..by hand.... with pasted kraft..the old fashion way2smile.gif

you build it I'll paste it..by hand.... with pasted kraft..the old fashion way2smile.gif

You are on! I actually was offered a 12" case by a pyro buddy a few months ago, he still has it. I want a time lapse of you pasting that sucker. And I wnat audio too, only of the cussing and spitting though. :lol:

HELL NO!! 2blink.gif I remember hearing somewhere it takes over a mile of gummed paper tape to paste a 12" shell with the WASP, seems a little nuts but I almost believe it.

Not quite, 63,360 inchs in a mile, and a 12 inch takes about 12,000, so about 1/5 of a mile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHlgXUOIO-M

Is that all?

I'll do that in a day with my wheat paste coated kraft 2smile.gif

And mine will look much nicer

Edited by Algenco

wheat paste coated kraft Posted Image

And mine will look much nicer

I agree, I definitely appreciate hand pasting (although I'd probably be converted to a Wasp as soon as I had one). I have seen one and they are neat, and I've also seen examples of perfect bursts with large shells making them.

I would not do it in a day though! I'd do five layers per day until it's done, otherwise the inner layers would be driven in! I'll paste threes in a sitting, fours in two and sixes in three.

Pasted goods just look so nice!

yep, I wouldn't rush it, I normally do 4-5 layers let it dry a bit, burnish,...

but then I have nothing but time, if I started early AM, hmmm

12000 inches is only 1000 feet, which seems like a big underestimate. 17 layers is also pretty low for a 12" shell. It should probably be up around 30ish.

• 3 years later...
hi guys, im a firework virgin and im about to make my first fire work. its kinda tough cause im from trinidad in the caribbean and our laws are real shity, chemicals are very restricted and books and resources are almost forbidden......so i have been trying to learn all that i can over a year now. reading and watching videos on you tube. i still havent done it yet. i have a few hangups. ive never been able to get all the good formulas at one location, but this forum helps so much. i havent fully understood how to make hot ignitor prime and when it should be used. how is bp with parlon combined, and the use and making of boosters......can any one show me ling to those on this forum?

I can't think of any instances of BP being combined with parlon. What are you referring to?

Boosters are less complex than they sound. They are a faster burning composition that is used to "boost" the strength of the break charge. In some cases it is an expedient method used to circumvent traditional techniques. This means that they can be done without. One word of caution, many booster comps are sensitive and very fast burning, a dangerous combination. For first shells, hot black powder is all you need. A booster, such as flash powder or whistle, is put near the center of the shell, with the rest of the break charge.

Hot igniter prime is used to ignite particularly stubborn stars. That is, stars that don't ignite easily. There are a couple common formulas for this purpose, and you can pick the one that matches best with the chemicals available to you.

Is Trinidad an island paradise?

• Like 1

I can't think of any instances of BP being combined with parlon. What are you referring to?

Is Trinidad an island paradise?

i saw that in the formula list for this page....i'll try to tag it but im still trying to figure out how to do those options on my i pad.

as for the island paradise....you got that right....lol