APC Forum

Gold Crown Comp

pyroguy1960

The problem you're going to run into is that of those three, only iron will give the yellow glittering effect in the tail. Even so, I don't think you'd get the flashes from Fe that you do from FeTi. If you'd accept white flashes, the others may work. Using very coarse metals such as Al, or probably MgAl should give a somewhat similar effect. I know for a fact that -20mesh coarse Al flitters gives a familiar flashing in the tail, and will last a long time. I personally prefer a mixture of Ti and coarse Al flake in these types of effects. Coarse MgAl gives kind of the same effect in Fireflies on Cocaine, (or Flaming shit on you if you prefer). If your metals are finer than 100 mesh I'd forget about getting a long tail though.

By the way Dagabu, you had asked a while ago if this comp works with commercial airfloat, it indeed does, looks pretty much identical.

Sweet! I finally got a few pounds of FeTi so I will be making these right after I get FSFOY all figured out ;)

The problem you're going to run into is that of those three, only iron will give the yellow glittering effect in the tail. Even so, I don't think you'd get the flashes from Fe that you do from FeTi. If you'd accept white flashes, the others may work. Using very coarse metals such as Al, or probably MgAl should give a somewhat similar effect. I know for a fact that -20mesh coarse Al flitters gives a familiar flashing in the tail, and will last a long time. I personally prefer a mixture of Ti and coarse Al flake in these types of effects. Coarse MgAl gives kind of the same effect in Fireflies on Cocaine, (or Flaming shit on you if you prefer). If your metals are finer than 100 mesh I'd forget about getting a long tail though.

Mum, have you made FSFOY? S J has it figured out pretty well but mine still look more like glitter :(

I have not, only seen videos. I've never had coarse enough MgAl, plus I don't like all the fallout you get sometimes.

It sure was pretty over the lake though. The video is 1:10 of the actual firefly effect.

I can always send you some coarse MgAl for you to try ;)

It sure was pretty over the lake though. The video is 1:10 of the actual firefly effect.

I can always send you some coarse MgAl for you to try ;)

Howdy Dave, hope you and the family are all well.

:)

Giving the FFOC a second chance myself. Pressed enough last night for one 3" shell. This time I'm using the BK composition as listed.

We'll see how it turns out in a few days. It figures that after I buy the boards to cut and cook, the man himself msg'd me and is sending some

of the proper coal to use. Got the MgAl from Tim. Darn good service Tim has, I didn't expect it till this weekend!

DanB

Winner, winner chicken dinner! That didn't take long at all!

Influenza, Algenco sent it to me in the mail ;) I got shots and all but the doc says that there are several variants out there. Family is well,

I would love to see video of your FSFOY.

Tim's a good man.

Influenza, Algenco sent it to me in the mail ;) I got shots and all but the doc says that there are several variants out there. Family is well,

Tim's a good man.

not me dude, I was well recovered before I sent the pkg to you

Tim's a good man.

Hey did you come down with a bug? Well that's no good, need to burn it out! Here's the video link if you have not seen it. Sorry for the size, it's 6mb but let it load and watch the whole thing.

The slow-motion section starts at the 50 second mark. The first shell was Win20 glitter but the delay was pretty much non-existent. Shell/rocket #2 was the FireFlies on Cocaine version. Didn't see any

of it hit the snow... yes it snowed lightly last night and our ground was covered in white. Get better Dave.

Al, did you guys have a good time? Wish I could of been there. Maybe next time.

http://www.pyrobin.c.../win20-ffoc.wmv

Dan B

cool, that's like the gift that keeps on giving. :)

That's a good way to describe this one pyroguy1960, if it works right. I like it and will reference it in the future.

Thanks Dave, make it "per the book" and it should perform well. I'm going to experiment a little with the quantity of metal and the type of coal.

Trish loves it so she'll probably have her pocket full of rocks at PGI. If you have read Bills comments in the formula, you'll know what I'm talking about.

:whistle:

Dan B