APC Forum

APC Chatroom

AdmiralDonSnider

The chat isn´t something you guys seem to use frequently, is it?

How about we set up a time every week where we know people will be on? Mabye on Saturday or Sunday? late afternoon? 3:00?

Let us know if you guys are going to use it more frequently. There is a limit on the number of people that can get in, but that is an easy upgrade. It was free at the time, so we figured what the heck.

Let us know if you guys are going to use it more frequently. There is a limit on the number of people that can get in, but that is an easy upgrade. It was free at the time, so we figured what the heck.

Whats the limit? As I doubt more than 4-5 people will being using it even if we have a set time.

thanks for that I guess we are limited to 5

EDIT: there is room now if you want to join us

Edited by Ralph

Is there some sort of function to invite others to the chat without sending them PM? Could something like that be implemented?

On btw...

Edited by AdmiralDonSnider

Is there some sort of function to invite others to the chat without sending them PM? Could something like that be implemented?

On btw...

you could post it as your status or write it on the members profile there is a little thing down the bottom (below whos online) which shows whos in the chat room

you could post it as your status or write it on the members profile there is a little thing down the bottom (below whos online) which shows whos in the chat room

Nice find ralph! I didn't notice the fact that you can see whos been in the live chat (In the past 15 minutes) down below.

Yes, the limit is 5 users. We get that free with active Support.

The next level is 20-user, for $20 annually.

Shall we spend some of the donation money and buy the 20-user level?

It's up to the members. You're the ones who ponied up the cash! ;)

There dosnt seem to be a need for that at the present (no one uses it) I think if It becomes an issue it might be worth addressing than just my opinion

Like I said, we can see how these weekend chat things go. I at least had a good time in there the other night. If it becomes popular we can upgrade.

I thought it was pretty fun as well. I'd be down for doing it again.

I think we (or I) decided Sunday and/or Saturdays 3:00 US central time

I really don't think it makes much sense to buy a chatroom... when most IRC networks allow you to make and control one for free. Number of maximum users tends to already be high, you can idle there to your hearts content, etc...

Most smart phones now-a-days have several IRC programs available. As well firefox has a plugin, and free IRC programs for windows, linux, and mac exist.

Dag said he already paid for a year.

Anyone want to chat? I thought we said 3:00 on the weekends? I'm online.

He did?

I think so, he mentioned that he ought to use the chat since he payed for it... Ask him about it though

Edited by Updup