APC Forum

The Mumbles Memorial Fund

dagabu

I am just posting this for the guy that put the fund raiser together:

"Okay, now that I got your attention, he is not really dead. Besides medical bills and fixing the house, It seems that the locals are going after him with both barrels and his liabilities have gone through the roof.

I have set up a web page where contributions can be made through Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to donate, just a credit card. Without a Paypal account click on "continue" near where is says "Don't have a Paypal account"

I am not affiliated with the account that the money is going into, that is under total control of Chris and his family.

Remember also that Chris is eventually going to finish his PHD in chemistry. Someday you might need chemistry help. For a few dollars you could have your own chemistry slave in the future. Besides just helping him out now, you can also look at it as in investment in his future and yours."

http://www.bentspoonsystems.com/chris/

Edited by dagabu

Ooh, chemistry slave for the future?... Hmm, Ok I'll do it. I'm Glad we're not remembering you and are instead planning on how to enslave you. Good luck with those neighbors. Hobbyless people are hard to reason with. Best of luck,

SCF

Well, since I'm still outta pyro, I might have little use for the chem thing... errr wait... I HAVE been working on a new BBQ sauce.... naw... better not try that tho

Get well soon!

Why is it that when people are in the toughest situations with medical and house type bills, people decide to bring down the law heavily? Why don't they go find all the pot smokers and.... uhhhh illegal cheese farmers?? instead of screwing with mumbles.

(I obviously don't know the stereotypical crimes of Wisconsin)

Unfortunately, artificial consequences aren't designed for correcting or bettering the situation. Its far more to do with satisfying the other parties strong, deep, desire to punish and torture the offender. A figurative stoning, so to speak. I always wonder how the folks who use law to attack people who don't see things their way can justify their own hate and anger? In my opinion, wishing ill on someone is wishing ill on somebody, regardless of which side of the moral ladder your standing. If you revel in someone else being punished, then you are no better. Moral superiority is a bitch, isn't it? I don't let the way the world works ruin my day, but then again, I'm not in a position where neighbors with pitchforks are lobbying to bring me down further. Does anyone remember the old days where people said things like "hes been punished enough?" Nowadays we arrest as many people as we can possibly find making mistakes. And if you ask why, the answer you get is "because we can."

Why is it that when people are in the toughest situations with medical and house type bills, people decide to bring down the law heavily? Why don't they go find all the pot smokers and.... uhhhh illegal cheese farmers?? instead of screwing with mumbles.

And cow tippers, that about covers it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Guilty.

How about Star Molecule donating to the auction? You were going to send out samples anyway, why not get your name out there on Passfire as well? I can post the auction if you would rather stay on the low down.

How about Star Molecule donating to the auction? You were going to send out samples anyway, why not get your name out there on Passfire as well? I can post the auction if you would rather stay on the low down.

We would have zero issues donating once our stuff arrives, as I asked Mumbles on the phone yesterday if he needed anything.

Cool beans! Just throwing it out there since you two seem pretty tight and all. :blush:

No worries Dagabu, just waiting for our shipment.

• 5 years later...

Whoa whoa whoa! What the hell? Leave the damn pot smokers alone! Replace that statement with 'meth dealers' or 'heroin pushers', if you feel that demonizing substance use is a better option for these type people to spend their time doing. I don't smoke pot anymore but I'll defend with my life my right to manufacture and sell my garage gouda, damnit!:)

Outstanding, WindowLicka. You just replied to a 6 year old thread. Damn illegal cheese farmers...

Outstanding, WindowLicka. You just replied to a 6 year old thread. Damn illegal cheese farmers...

It's them drugs man... Gets you every time ;- )

B!

• 3 weeks later...

I often smoke Gouda. But..I am a professional :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Jesus Christ! scared the hell out of me. I was literally about to cry...

Fortunately the wife pointed out the timestamp then I read the post, bloody hell. Now I feel like a dummy. 😐

Edited by Wolverine

Yeah I nearly crapped a brick. Glad you're ok. I remember the whole accident thing now but must've forgot about the tread title as it got me pretty good for a second there 😂

Twas my smarky side coming out when I posted it some 8 years back now. Since then, I too got bit by fire, covered elsewhere in this site and we have seen a couple more get burns in the past few years.

Stay safe everybody, no pyro in the house, no emptying ballmills with 22 pounds of BP, that kind of thing.

Stay safe everybody, no pyro in the house, no emptying ballmills with 22 pounds of BP, that kind of thing.

Stay safe. As in, wear insufficient personal protective gear, work in a insufficiently ventilated area, and an area not really designed to safely deal with mishaps.

Design-considerations such as doors, and windows opening outwards, (Doors open inwards. Both of them. No windows.) roof, and / or walls that can give way and release the pressure "just in case". (5mm thick steel wall, floor, and roof, all welded to one and other. No give, what so ever) Yeah, i got the stay safe part covered. *sigh* Really should leave at least one set of doors open, but now during the winter, it gets bloody cold.

At least i don't work in my house. I would work in my garage, once i have one, i suppose, but some things need a different kind of square footage.

At least nobody else on the forum knows me personally, so if something happens, there wont be a thread about it.

;- )

Twas my smarky side coming out when I posted it some 8 years back now. Since then, I too got bit by fire, covered elsewhere in this site and we have seen a couple more get burns in the past few years.

Your mishap I recall, Mumbles' was before my time on here though. "22 lbs"!? Damn imagine the cost of filling a mill that big with media... yeah pool balls are non sparking right? 😂

Stay safe. As in, wear insufficient personal protective gear, work in a insufficiently ventilated area, and an area not really designed to safely deal with mishaps.

Design-considerations such as doors, and windows opening outwards, (Doors open inwards. Both of them. No windows.) roof, and / or walls that can give way and release the pressure "just in case". (5mm thick steel wall, floor, and roof, all welded to one and other. No give, what so ever) Yeah, i got the stay safe part covered. *sigh* Really should leave at least one set of doors open, but now during the winter, it gets bloody cold.

At least i don't work in my house. I would work in my garage, once i have one, i suppose, but some things need a different kind of square footage.

At least nobody else on the forum knows me personally, so if something happens, there wont be a thread about it.

;- )

I am actually in the planning stages of a small workshop-shed for fireworking. Any other suggestions? I already plan to have the doors open out, and have a screen door with no latch that opens out for nighttime work to keep the bugs out but allow easy egress with no eyesight if needed. I currently only get to work one week a year, up north under a 10x10 pop up tent, so this will be a nice change.