APC Forum

AV Fountain

AreteVeteran

Heres a new fountain ive been working on, and it really has some great effects. Its not sensative, and can be lit by fuse without a prime. Its a ruddy brown color.

Name of composition: Arete's Crimson

Composition Type: Fountain

Creator: Tom Tillou

Color/Effect: Gold Sparks, Red Sparks, Red Flame, Red Aura, White Jet

The Composition:

KNO3 - 60

BaCO3 - 40

Zinc (High Mesh) - 15

Sulfur - 15

Fe2O3 - 12

KClO4- 12

Aluminum (High Mesh) - 12

Aluminum (Low Mesh) - 10

Charcoal (Airfloat) - 10

Any Precautions/Incompatabilities: It's Fairly Stable, So use normal pyrotechnic precautions...

Precedure/Preparation: Mill together all the Oxidizers, then the Fuels and Metals. Mill together for 10 minutes on low rpm's.

Its Lovely, Enjoy

/AV/

That's very interesting looking....

I see a very high percentage of Barium Carbonate - is this acting as a delay agent? Does the fountain produce any glitter spritzels?

Also, I wouldn't recommend ball-milling this mixture atall, even on low RPMs! It is probably also relatively static sensetive due to the inclusion of Zinc/Sulphur...

About the only thing I would do differently is not mill with the metals in there. Perhaps a few percent Boric acid too if the device was going to be stored.

The effect sounds great. Do you have any pics or anything of it?

yes i have a video somewhere on my friends camera. ill try and get it from him. there are nice glitters, and in the second and third batches, i didnt mill in my high mesh Al or Zn, i screened them later and it still works perfectly...

/AV/