APC Forum

Crossette Tooling (what should I get ?)

Bearark

Heyas all !

I've been given the rare opportunity to buy someone out who is leaving the hobby and among the many things he is selling that I'm interested in one thing is Crossette tooling. Now I don't plan on making any Crossettes for a while but he has two pumps one a 1/2" Crossette pump and the other a 3/4" Crossette pump I most likely can only afford one of them and they are both made by Wolter Pyro Tools. I'm guessing the size of shells I plan on making is a factor in a decision like this but for the foreseeable future I expect the biggest shells I will be making to be 3" to 4" shells.

My question to you fine folks is which do you think I should get ?

Bear,

Go for the 3/4" one. It is really hard to perfect crossettes in the first place, a larger pump will give you better control over the process. 3/4" crossetts can be used in 3 & 4" shells.

3/4" most definately. If you are having problems with them breaking, you can use rolled shots till you can perfect your confinement.

Thanks so much for the advice, I was leaning towards the larger tooling based on my experience of fiddling with small (1.5" and 1.75") shells.

More room is always better is what I've learned so far (Except I spend more on chemicals of course).