APC Forum

Well, whattaya know. It works

TheSidewinder

We used to have a problem with spammers when using the older version of the software. Since going to version 3, however, that hasn''t been a problem, since the word seems to have gotten out to the scummy spammers that we have ways of dealing with them before they can do any appreciable damage.

One feature is the Spam Service that IPS offers, wherein people who register with known spammer names or email addresses are immediately banned before even fully completing the registration process.

Since upgrading, I've been waiting for our software here to catch a "known spammer". Oddly enough, the word must have gotten out that it's fairly pointless to try spamming version 3, since until TODAY we never got any.

Surprise! Someone using a known spam email from gmail tried to register today.

Can we say "Automatic System Ban Hammer!!" ??

Yes, we can. AND did. :whistle:

We used to have a problem with spammers when using the older version of the software. Since going to version 3, however, that hasn''t been a problem, since the word seems to have gotten out to the scummy spammers that we have ways of dealing with them before they can do any appreciable damage.

One feature is the Spam Service that IPS offers, wherein people who register with known spammer names or email addresses are immediately banned before even fully completing the registration process.

Since upgrading, I've been waiting for our software here to catch a "known spammer". Oddly enough, the word must have gotten out that it's fairly pointless to try spamming version 3, since until TODAY we never got any.

Surprise! Someone using a known spam email from gmail tried to register today.

Can we say "Automatic System Ban Hammer!!" ??

Yes, we can. AND did. whistle.gif

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that I'm surprised though. Cockroaches are hard to get rid of.