APC Forum

Shells for this year

laser200

Hi Guys...Well this is my first 4th for making fireworks. All year long I have been Studying, testing, learning every thing I can about chemicals and their propertys and of course SAFETY!. Last week I got all chems needed and have began the shell making. I will in all make 40 shells ( 20 3", 20 4") Im making about 3-4 a day not including putting on lifting cups and charge... Im gonna wait until about the 1st to do that. But anyways my shells are Shimizu blue's, Bleser Red, Tiger tails, Willow, And a few of my own. Also I have rolled some reds and blues on consumer dragon eggs. I have taken consumer strobe pots and cut them in 1/4's and rolled them in some red and blue. And the other neat thing I did was take the consumer ground bloom's and cut the fuse very short, primed them and loaded a few in some 4" shells. Tried this a few months ago and worked really well.

Anyways that's it. I'm gonna add some more pics of the shell builds later but heres what I got so far. Just wanted to share and hopefully everyone else is having as much enjoyment as I am doing this.

post-9873-12770523261_thumb.jpg

post-9873-127705251194_thumb.jpg

post-9873-12770527279_thumb.jpg

Guess ill be the first to reply here, looks like your off to a great start laser! Here's what I have so far, a few 3" shells. I have one to paste and have some granite stars / d1 / and some tigertail stars drying right now, probably going to make up some firefly stars also. I also have 6 1 3/4" ball shells that aren't in the picture, ill upload a picture of those later today when I get some time.

post-986-127742281634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

• 4 months later...

Nice!!! Ill get a pic of all my shells later this week....

Very good nice effects and should work . I was thinking of the same thing with the dragon eggs! And the consumer strobe pots are a excellent idea gives that little strobe effect at the end and the ground blooms nice very nice you should have a great 4th be safe and God bless!!!!!biggrin2.gif

Very good nice effects and should work . I was thinking of the same thing with the dragon eggs! And the consumer strobe pots are a excellent idea gives that little strobe effect at the end and the ground blooms nice very nice you should have a great 4th be safe and God bless!!!!!biggrin2.gif

FYI, the 4th he is talking about is over [=.

Well, there's going to be another one. You've been making a lot of useless posts lately. Don't feel obliged to respond to every post.

Well, there's going to be another one. You've been making a lot of useless posts lately. Don't feel obliged to respond to every post.

Sorry Mumbles. I'll refrain from posting if I don't have anything helpful to add, as I must agree I tend to get lazy and end up posting somthing really short and useless. It bothers me when other people post short unessesary posts, and here I am doing just that 2wacko.gif .