APC Forum

Ground Salutes

Mario1

So what is the confinement you recommend? I cannot tell exactly how much gypsum plug at one end and matchhead plug at the other end to estimate the volume of tube to the 0.15g comp used. Do you have a rule of thumb for mass of comp to particular volume for best result? Thanks.

Well, it all sounds like goulash to me...

I like your work and I like glühsatz :)

Your crackers are really tiny. That's a completely different scenario like I described. In what Americans would call "quarter stick" or "half stick", nitrate flash does a fine job.
Using glühsatz usually means that you have a very well sealed device when the main charge goes off.
The classic german firecrackers use even blackpowder with glühsatz sealing...

IMHO when we approach 1g 50/25/25 will catch up with your mix.

So what is the confinement you recommend? I cannot tell exactly how much gypsum plug at one end and matchhead plug at the other end to estimate the volume of tube to the 0.15g comp used. Do you have a rule of thumb for mass of comp to particular volume for best result? Thanks.

I gave exact parameters:

Testing flash powders for homemade firecrackers

My blog:

https://mx5-kevin.blogspot.com]

or

https://sufnipiro.wordpress.com

and

My BitChute channel or odysee

The links contain the exact parameters. For firecracker tubes i using sodium silicate solution as glue with copy paper. With this i get hard, rigid paper tubes and sodium silicate make the tube more resistance for burning in all sized firecrackers.

The mini mach crackers:

The tube parameters 1 tube made from 2 piece 35X50mm copy paper and the tube full length 35mm. Used a 3mm bamboo stick to make the tube. If you cut the copy paper sheet in half a lot you will get this parameter. The glühsatz are 15mm deep rammed, the gypsum cc 5mm. The left over place in the tube are shifted through in a sieve and in the tube loosely loaded flash powder which can not be compressed (maximum 15mm). The flash powder test from this firecracker tested in the video on top of the mach box. The exact amount flash powder tested in the video that fits in the tube.

Well, it all sounds like goulash to me...

I like your work and I like glühsatz :)

Your crackers are really tiny. That's a completely different scenario like I described. In what Americans would call "quarter stick" or "half stick", nitrate flash does a fine job.

Using glühsatz usually means that you have a very well sealed device when the main charge goes off.

The classic german firecrackers use even blackpowder with glühsatz sealing...

IMHO when we approach 1g 50/25/25 will catch up with your mix.

For all the nitrates I use only magnesium (400 mesh or much more finer), i never use aluminum in pure nitrate based flash powders for firecrackers. And whoever asks me about KNO3 Al S I talk everyone out of it to use it for firecrackers. In professional firecrackers i never heard anyone used KNO3 Al S, but the much more stronger KNO3 Mg are used in 3-5g Nitrate firecrackers. For black powder firecrackers minimum 3g finely granulated BP needed to get it work correctly like the German (BP böller). But these do not have a sharp sound and strong light. Black powder are much more weaker than KNO3/Mg/S 5/4/1. And KNO3 Al S the strongest fastest ratio much more weaker than black powder (from willow charcoal finely granulated).

[media=560x315]

[/media]

In the video: (How to make powerful firecracker flash powders and fine magnesium aluminum powder) tested the differences by KNO3 Mg S, KClO4 Al S, KClO4 Mg S. And in (Profi gyári petárda elkészítése házilag egyszerűen gyorsan) video i have test about 1.6g KNO3/Mg/S in polumna (triangle) firecracker, and 1g flash powder test. From 0.15g KClO4/Al/S 5/4/1 this mini firecracker are louder than 1.6g from KNO3/Mg/S 5/4/1 in a polumna firecracker (the sound is much sharper). And here some difference about 0.15g KClO4 Al S 5/4/1 and 0.3g less brighter KClO4 Mg S 5/4/1 (the magnesium coated with 5% linseed oil).

Everything is documented in detail in my blog and videos. Tube parameters, gypsum length in the tubes, the fuse length and timing calculation (1cm/sec the 2mm visco), flash powder with ball mill process and without ball mill and lot of tests. Every product I have ever published has a very detailed description of them. Some of them under the description in my blog have videos by the current products.

Edited by mx5kevin

Tube parameters for firecrackers: From copy paper glued with 40% sodium silicate solution

mini match cracker: ID: 3mm tube made 2 piece W:35mmx L:50mm paper gypsum 5mm, glühsatz delay 15mm

Normal: ID: 5mm tube made 2 piece W:70mmx L:145mm paper gypsum 20mm Visco fuse 2mmx80mm

Larger: ID: 7mm tube made 2 piece W:70mmx L:209mm paper gypsum 20mm Visco fuse 2mmx80mm (made the tube by wrapped on the pencil)

Black Powder or mega (2mm granular willow ideal): ID 15mm tube made 4 piece W: 105mmx L:150mm paper gypsum 30mm Visco fuse 2mmx100mm

Ground Salute: ID: 25mm tube wall 2-2,5mm gypsum 30mm length 150mm tube. Wall thickness calculated tube internal IDx0,08mm minimum IDx0,10mm maximum wall thickness, flash powder 30g (Visco Fuse 500mm length (50sec delay) from 2mm visco 1cm/sec burning rate for KClO4 based FP protective distance: 50m 164 feet)

Polumna triangles:

Mini: 42x145mm folded in half 0.3g flash Visco fuse 2mmx50mm

Normal: 70x210mm folded in half 1.6g flash Visco fuse 2mmx80mm

These parameters are proven at long term.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

The setup are easy, a hole is drilled in the side by middle of the paper tube there goes the Visco fuse which is taped by thicker masking type above the hole.

Edited by mx5kevin