84 replies to this topic

#81 mx5kevin

mx5kevin

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Homemade chemicals, Flash powder, Firecrackers,

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:37 AM

Honestly, nothing you tested, vaunted, or vouched for matters much. A classic Vitamin F mix is all that’s required in the “dark art” of booming. WHY do people fixate on this? It’s child’s play. Not literally of course.

I’d rather have an authentic Kolbász recipe ;)

Fixated . . . They only spent, 15 years trying to make a firecracker . . . ;)

I'm tested the existing most all known flash powders what used for firecrackers. It takes a lot of chemicals. And they are product specific flash powders. And I learned to prepare it in the most efficient way flash powders. Where I come from in Europe of high quality firecrackers the most popular pyrotechnic devices. For firecrackers here the extreme 60 KClO4 30 Dark Al 10 Sb2S3 are basic. ;)  The KClO4 Al 70/30 where I come from are weak for firecrackers.  Here it is extremely loud and extremely bright firecrackers has a history.  :)  Without firecrackers and ground salutes here have no homemade pyrotechnic. From KClO4/Al 70 30 and poor quality paper tubes with weak end plugs are only weak imitations compared to a product specific catalized composition (with metal powder, ratio). Who does not have pro chemicals KClO3, KClO4, Blue, Dark, firefy, homemade Al, Sb2S3, Na2S2O8, KmNO4, Sr(NO3)2, Ba(NO3)2, BaSO4, KNO3, homemade Mg, 400mesh professional Mg, Mg Al (homemade and 400mesh buyght), Etc. And not working for years large amount of flash powders. And have a product in this hobby which is his specialty. It is not provided with similar knowledge in the current theme who not make several years some products. What most people do put a paper tube standart mixtures like a 70/30 KClO4 Dark Al. And she has no idea what the difference when used catalyst, how much catalyst, how to change a ratio, the difference in metal powder particle size (how to mix it correctly), what is a product specific composition, exact effect of additives like Ti, H3BO3, Linseed oil Etc. Low quality standards i will not public in flash powder, and firecracker, ground salute theme. I have a reference that is not an unknown somebody write in to this theme. Since 1997 I'm a big fun of high quality firecrackers, and the key is high quality firecracker on which my generation has grown at 1980-1990s years. In video blogs, blogs my work is transparent. I would like to see a similar transparent publication from colleagues. It is a requirement for me to see who is commenting on the topic what level of practice he have in making the specific pyro product.

Edited by mx5kevin, 11 May 2022 - 03:11 AM.

#82 SharkWhisperer

SharkWhisperer

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:54 AM

I'm tested the existing most all known flash powders what used for firecrackers. It takes a lot of chemicals. And they are product specific flash powders. And I learned to prepare it in the most efficient way flash powders. Where I come from in Europe of high quality firecrackers the most popular pyrotechnic devices. For firecrackers here the extreme 60 KClO4 30 Dark Al 10 Sb2S3 are basic. ;)  The KClO4 Al 70/30 where I come from are weak for firecrackers.  Here it is extremely loud and extremely bright firecrackers has a history.  :)  Without firecrackers and ground salutes here have no homemade pyrotechnic. From KClO4/Al 70 30 and poor quality paper tubes with weak end plugs are only weak imitations compared to a product specific catalized composition (with metal powder, ratio). Who does not have pro chemicals KClO3, KClO4, Blue, Dark, firefy, homemade Al, Sb2S3, Na2S2O8, KmNO4, Sr(NO3)2, Ba(NO3)2, BaSO4, KNO3, homemade Mg, 400mesh professional Mg, Mg Al (homemade and 400mesh buyght), Etc. And not working for years large amount of flash powders. And have a product in this hobby which is his specialty. It is not provided with similar knowledge in the current theme who not make several years some products. What most people do put a paper tube standart mixtures like a 70/30 KClO4 Dark Al. And she has no idea what the difference when used catalyst, how much catalyst, how to change a ratio, the difference in metal powder particle size (how to mix it correctly), what is a product specific composition, exact effect of additives like Ti, H3BO3, Linseed oil Etc. Low quality standards i will not public in flash powder, and firecracker, ground salute theme. I have a reference that is not an unknown somebody write in to this theme. Since 1997 I'm a big fun of high quality firecrackers, and the key is high quality firecracker on which my generation has grown at 1980-1990s years. In video blogs, blogs my work is transparent. I would like to see a similar transparent publication from colleagues. It is a requirement for me to see who is commenting on the topic what level of practice he have in making the specific pyro product.

Your extensive experimentation would benefit from quantitative comparisons of sound and light output. Without that it is difficult to compare the outputs of different flash comps. Consider a decibel meter, a device to measure light output, controlled conditions, and a high-speed camera to discern detonation/deflagration differences. Then you could turn your blog into a book that would have a lot more value. Appreciate your wide experimentation, but also appreciate that salutes are only a small part of the total pyrotechnic arts in many/most parts of the world.

• kingkama likes this

#83 chuckufarley

chuckufarley

Pyrotechnician

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:09 PM

More flash=bigger boom. Need we say more?

Edited by chuckufarley, 11 May 2022 - 11:09 PM.

• kingkama likes this

#84 mx5kevin

mx5kevin

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:40 PM

Making a quality black powder, and quality flash powder from KClO4, and fine powders, and high quality firecrackers and ground salutes the homemade setup hardest part. Learn at these making at high level at years at learning, and required costly special tools. Making smoke bombs, rockets, shells, fountains, stars crackling colored etc, roman candles, small devices are much more easy and can be learned in a few months. That here on the forum or on Youtube, or another forums in high quality firecrackers can make most of the people this is a huge mistake. From KClO4 get extreme sound, huge flash effect only the most experienced can. The others make weak firecrackers, from KClO4 small effects, and  most of them using the standard multi purpose and not product specific mixtures. Meters more longer lasting flash effects possible the same products. There are drastic differences in sound. And a very narrow elite can do that, can make high quality products with real extras. It is not mandatory for anyone to deal with all aspects. Or making pro shells rockets etc, to suit others in the community. The work of the members must be transparent for others. Who gives advice there to be seen how much a particular person deals with a particular thing. He has to know that particular thing highly. How much everything other else he put together it does not matter. Truly professionals don’t go to anyone to answer their questions. They make blog, videos, documents, who are very good at what he does they are talking. No one cares about a non-professional, personal opinion. Who can do professionally add to the theme. It doesn't work anywhere on forums. Certain interests shatter the topics. Anyone who wants to learn has an interest in being shown who can do it a professional way how to make it. Those who pursue this hobby at an exceptionally high level are a very narrow layer. And that makes it even harder if someone make the metal powders, KClO4, charcoal etc at home.

Edited by mx5kevin, 11 May 2022 - 11:41 PM.

#85 mx5kevin

mx5kevin

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 01:49 PM

An important thing a lot of people don’t think about when looking at factory used basic flash powder compositions. The maximal sound are limited in the factory setup. In mini firecrackers under 0,3g are using the most powerful flash powders. And as the size increases, weaker flash powders are used. The same is true in shells, rockets, bombettes, comets. To the most strongest flash powder their all used sulfur or Sb2S3 catalyst. In the European mini and normal green mach crackers when the flash are burned can smell the characteristic sulfur dioxide. KClO4 Al Sb2S3 60/30/10 in high quality factory setups are frequent. There is no such limit at home. For boosters too worth to use sulfur or Sb2S3. Cheap and increases performance a lot and minimal the sensitivity. Witch the users can find in public compositions the are not the most powerful ratios. And the first important question is what it is used for. The are multi purpose use flash powder in a factory setup what used in shells, rockets, bombettes, comets like the KClO4/Al 70/30. It is better to use stronger base flash mixtures at home. There are ratios in other compositions that are not worth deviating from like BP, WM, Stars, but flash powders an exception where product specific using are the best. In factory setups, and public books they not described as the most powerful flash powder compositions for this products. Which is really powerful are restricted or banned to use. Which is very good quality but time consuming, or costly not worth to make the factory setup. Pyro shops like Skylighter publications the compositions they are over complicated and use unnecessarily expensive and complicated chemicals in many case.

Edited by mx5kevin, 12 May 2022 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users