APC Forum

How often do you clean your working place?

50AE

27 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you clean your working place?

• Every time after I've finished work.
    • Once a week.
    • Once for two weeks.
    • Once a month.
    • When it gets very dirty.
    • Most of the time I only sweep and wash, I do a total cleaning once a month.
    • Or a total cleaning once for two months, or for each year.
    • I have a wife for this!
    • Are you kiddin'? I never clean my place!
    • When other people tell me to.

Just wondering how many of you keep your pyro place clean :D . As for me, I do regular sweeping and washing on the floor once a week or for two weeks, I wash the tables every time after I finish work and I do a total cleaning once a month or two months. Sometimes I don't wash the tables immediately after work, because for example my next job will use compatible or harmless chemicals.

I wash the table and floor if needed after every job (or during if I spill something). I wash all my "dishes" right away too. As for the whole work area (shelves etc...) it gets a clean every now and then when I feel it's time.

I clean up my area at least once a year, whether it needs it or not! :P

I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to my work bench. I clean after every project I do, because it helps me stay more organized, besides I hate having to look for things. I like to know where everything is on my workbench.

Most of the time, I clean after each job. I always do between making incompatible compositions and chemicals. I wash the table evenly with hot water. I have glass on my table, it makes it easier to clean.

But if I'm doing less hazardous and same work, for example pasting shells for a week, I don't have to clean every time I get off the chair.

I sweep floor svery week, table - depends on the condition :) for many dirty operations I put another piece of wood on the table to keep the table clean from chems. I have one more base where I do all the dirty jobs - ballmilling, rolling, making charoal.. there I clean up once a year :P

Well, living in an urban area makes things a bit more complicated. Whenever I work with hazardous material that's either corrosive, toxic, flammable or explosive, I would do this outside, so the weather influences the time I work on this (it must not be a windy day, or rainy). Since I only prepare small amounts of components at a time, I usually work on one or two sheets of 11x17 paper and when the work is done, throw them away safely. Any chemical that must be disposed of will be thoroughly neutralized before being discarded.

My indoors lab is exclusively for electronics, laser work, computer work or handling non-hazardous chemicals. I do sweep occasionally my lab floor, but i've become lazy since I acquired a Roomba (that damn little thing really works!). A year ago, my basement was flooded and I had to replace all the flooring in my lab. I used floating floor (mid-to high quality) so taking care of the lab is a breeze. And that flooring is incredibly resistant!

I don't know if there's been a thread like that before but an idea would be to post photos of your workspace! :D

Robert

I clean my area everytime I finish a job, and thouroghly sweep and mop the whole shop every Saturday.