APC Forum

1.5-2 " rocket tools - need size

snow

hello all

i have a chance now to get spacialy made for me pyro tools

so i thought of 1.5-2 inch BP rocket tools - this thing i hope will get 5 inch shalls into the air or even more.

i read the post about the rocket tools but i want mine to be best :rolleyes:(though i see the info there usfull i saw that the tools that people buy have other sizes) so if any one have good sizing of the rocket tools 1.5 inch or 2 onch rockets coneical (i mean that i want the core to be like a piramide) spindel, please send it here

snow

This is my 3/4" 1 lb tooling spindle.

Scale up from here. But I think a 1" ID rocket can lift a 5" shell, and for SURE a 1-1/4" ID rocket can.

spindle.jpg

This is my 3/4" 1 lb tooling spindle.

Scale up from here. But I think a 1" ID rocket can lift a 5" shell, and for SURE a 1-1/4" ID rocket can.

i doubt that 1" can carry 5" shall will zink stars espacialy my shalls and from expirience with 0.25" rockets i dont think that this will make great differece.

and about the tooling you have, i saw somewhere here in the forum that it is true only untill 1.25" rockets i mean 4LB (or was it 6LB?)rockets

I am talking about standard shells and stars/inserts. 6 lb rockets, the 1-1/4" ID ones can easily carry up a 6" shell. Of course, not zinc stars because they are extra heavy.

A 1 lb rocket can carry up to 180 grams easily. Mine carry 220, and other guys lift more!

A 3 lb rocket can carry up to 500 grams, and again this is not the actual limit.

A 6 lb rocket will easily carry 1300 grams, and these can probably lift more like 1500 - 1600 grams.

I am unsure about how far you can scale up that tooling. But I think it should be fine up to 6lbs.

yet the more it can carry the better the effect will be

and you are sure that geting the size twice the size you wrote on the picture will be good?(read previuse post)

I'm not positive about the sizes. I seem to remember something about the 6lb (1 1/2") being different. I think the ratios will work, they may just not be ideal. Perhaps you could find someone with 6lb tooling and figure it out. I'd suggest e-mailing Steve LaDuke. You can get his address off passfire or probably randomly on the internet.

If you really want something that can carry, look into Steve LaDuke's hybrid rockets. The fuel is whistle mix with 10% charcoal added. A 3/4" rocket took a 6" ball shell up with ease. A 1 1/2" rocket of the same composition may very well take some very mosterouse shells. The size it could carry would probably be unstable on the end of the tube actually. If the same ramping up ratio for BP is used, that means a 1 1/2" rocket could carry up close to a 10 kilo shell. Thats like a 10" multipetal shell.

I'm not positive about the sizes. I seem to remember something about the 6lb (1 1/2") being different. I think the ratios will work, they may just not be ideal. Perhaps you could find someone with 6lb tooling and figure it out. I'd suggest e-mailing Steve LaDuke. You can get his address off passfire or probably randomly on the internet.

If you really want something that can carry, look into Steve LaDuke's hybrid rockets. The fuel is whistle mix with 10% charcoal added. A 3/4" rocket took a 6" ball shell up with ease. A 1 1/2" rocket of the same composition may very well take some very mosterouse shells. The size it could carry would probably be unstable on the end of the tube actually. If the same ramping up ratio for BP is used, that means a 1 1/2" rocket could carry up close to a 10 kilo shell. Thats like a 10" multipetal shell.

Steve is the admin or something?

His active e-mail account is ssduke2@netzero.net I believe just in case you sent it to a different address.

His active e-mail account is ssduke2@netzero.net I believe just in case you sent it to a different address.

i did and he answered

the email that was in his site: wolter@merr.com

Errr...

wolter@mer.com is Rich Wolter.

ssduke2@netzero.net is Steve LaDuke.

You want to talk to Steve.

Rich can sell you the tools, but Steve is the one to talk to about making rockets.

M

al93535

Real nice tool. Just picked up some alum and brass stock to make some rocket tooling on my lathe. How many drifts do you use for the pressing? Is the bottom of the first drift 90 % or is it around 30%.

Thanks

Beta