APC Forum

Thinking about selling ball mills

Bananaphone69

I make pretty effective ball mills (im being modest). They make LOTS of very powerful bp at a time and can run multiple drums. Here are some pics (the black powder on the board IS NOT leaked powder, my dad spilled powder on it that was sitting in a cup :P):

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/24/dscf0372gy.jpg

For how much would you be selling them? And would one of those barrels come included? I may be interested if you can build them at a good price.

Edit: Shipping is also obviously a big cost. Where abouts are you located?

Edited by NightHawkInLight

Before you commit, you may need to consider the costs, amount of time, and dedication needed for selling these. Do you have a supplier for multiple motors, the jars (which look commercially made), and the basic parts for it? Can you produce them in a reasonable time frame--probably 1-2 weeks at most? Can you sell them at a price that compensates you for the materials, the time planning, and the time producing them, along with perhaps a bit of profit--I assume you're not doing this for charity--without dissuading the buyer with an exorbitant price? Are you also prepared to sell perhaps 50 mills? I cannot imagine how many people will buy one--I know that it is fairly cheap to make a good-sized one yourself, and it seems most everyone has a decently sized mill already.

That mill also looks fairly big. I imagine that you would have to ship it as a kit, to keep shipping costs down.

I hope that I don't sound too critical; these are just the considerations I would take if I was attempting to make and sell mills.

The mill does look nice--I need to upgrade, but I will build my own...sorry.

I understand what your saying. And yes, I would include all parts and have ready to build with little to no effort as a kit. The barrels are actually readily available for 50 usda, so I would probably not include those. This mill works EXPONENTIONALY better than the 300 dollar one from pyrodirect and has a larger capacity and more solid build. What would you believe the going price would be for such a mill?

@nighthawk: I'm in Roswell GA.

Edited by Bananaphone69

I understand what your saying. And yes, I would include all parts and have ready to build with little to no effort as a kit. The barrels are actually readily available for 50 usda, so I would probably not include those. This mill works EXPONENTIONALY better than the 300 dollar one from pyrodirect and has a larger capacity and more solid build. What would you believe the going price would be for such a mill?

@nighthawk: I'm in Roswell GA.

Where are those jars available for $50.00? I would like a hundred please.