APC Forum

New Utility - Bottom Bar

TheSidewinder

I installed a freebie from the Developers at IPS.

Shortcut buttons to several places, and an easy way to manage marked favorite pages.

It's at the bottom of your screen, in case you were wondering wtf that was. ;)

And... if you don't like it and want it to go away, go to your User Controls, click the Bottom Bar tab, and click the checkbox. It'll be turned off.

Opinions?

Havant found it handy yet but i see it being nice and handy if I did have a message or had favourites are wanted to quickly change my avitar

I can add more links/functions to it. (I'll be adding the formulary database links once that's opened.) Anyone have any suggested shortcuts to add?

Very cool. I would like to see a link to the 'Today's Active Content' page.

Err... do you mean "View New Content" (upper-right corner link) ??

Haha, I've never seen that up there. I've always clicked through the today's active content link at the bottom of the forum main page. But yes, I did mean that.

Well, to be fair, those ARE two different functions.

View Today's Active Content gives you everything that's been posted in the 24 hours previous to you clicking it, whereas View New Content shows you everything that's new since your last VISIT.

So, I'll see about adding them both. We certainly have enough room in the bar.

• 2 weeks later...

I can add more links/functions to it. (I'll be adding the formulary database links once that's opened.) Anyone have any suggested shortcuts to add?

Hi Sidewinder,

I like the new format. Is it possible to add a "printable version" button for those of us who still like hard copies (easier on the old eyes)? Thanks.

Thank you, glad you like it.

Not sure about printing. It may have to wait until IP.Board v3.1 is released. Printing in 3.0.5 is problematic (well, almost non-existent, really), but 3.1 is going to have some improvements made to Topic printing.

I'll add that to my "to-do" list.

M