APC Forum

Fountain Tubes

Updup

Hey folks!

I had an issue with my fountian tubes burning through the other day. The tubes were about 3/4" ID, 5"tall and had ~2-3mm wall, they were hand made. And my fountian comp was a basic gold fountian with 10% 400 Mesh atomized sphe. AL.

The AL just makes it burn much hotter causing the tube to all burn up.

Any solutions?

Posted from my iPod

You don't mention where it is burning through. The most common place is directly below the nozzle. If this is the case, the simplest solution is to angle or curve the inside of the nozzle so there is not a 90 degree angle between the tube and nozzle. This does a world of good. If it is burning through somewhere else, you may be out of luck. You could try soaking the tube in waterglass or something like that to try to make it a bit more heat resistant.

The tubes are being compleatly burned up, aside from the base plug and nozzle. Another thing though, the fountians still look pretty good (would have been better had the tubes not burned) but today I noticed the remains of the fountians is like a solid cylinder of.... I'm not sure.... But it's the slag from the fountian comp, It has no reason to be THAT slaggy inside though, and you would think that would clog up the inside and affect preformence, but it didn't. Odd.

Where might I find water glass?

The tubes are being compleatly burned up, aside from the base plug and nozzle. Another thing though, the fountians still look pretty good (would have been better had the tubes not burned) but today I noticed the remains of the fountians is like a solid cylinder of.... I'm not sure.... But it's the slag from the fountian comp, It has no reason to be THAT slaggy inside though, and you would think that would clog up the inside and affect preformence, but it didn't. Odd.

Where might I find water glass?

Roll tighter, and a thicker tube. It's very important that the tubes be rolled extremely tight and then twisted tighter by holding the dowel and twisting the tube around it.

Roll tighter, and a thicker tube. It's very important that the tubes be rolled extremely tight and then twisted tighter by holding the dowel and twisting the tube around it.

Thanks I thought of that, and I'm sure it will help if I roll my tube tighter next time (=