• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 dusty56

dusty56

Pyromaniac

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, fireworks, cooking stuff for fireworks, Blues music, getting older.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

I don't care what thechnique you use or how many shells you have made, this tutorial is great.Looks like spring is here and I'm in the pyro shed getting ready for the Fourth. This really helps my concentration. Thanks

#22 SKC

SKC

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Pyrotechniques

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:25 AM

Hi, 50AE.

When I click the link of part 1,2,3 & 4 it appears that videos aren't available in youtube.

Can you please provide alternative link to see your tutorials, it'll help me much to construct my 3" shells.

Thanks------SKC

#23 unsilentninja29

unsilentninja29

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Pyro, Sport Bikes, Water, Scuba diving. Welding.

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

So sadly, the videos where taken down and this is what im interested in making.    IT will be my first time  making them, and was looking for more info on the process.. Does anyone have some info they wouldnt mind sharing with me? 

Hoping for a beginner guide

Formula, Constructing the ball, and fuses.  

Thank you.

#24 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,331 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

Have you made any somewhat simpler devices like star mines, fountains, etc?  If not, you may want to start there.  Shells are actually a little complex, and it's important to know some basics and be able to have some reliability in your lift, burst, and stars.  

One of the best resources on making ball shells is a book by Takeo Shimizu called Fireworks: The Art, Science, and Technique.  It's often abbreviated F.A.S.T. if you see that around.  I'll think about it a bit and try and find some other good resources/videos.

Hope to see you around the forum more.  Plenty of great shell builders around to help out.  

Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#25 vendrite

vendrite

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:53 AM

50AE, So sorry I didn't get to see your videos before Youtube took them down.  Please consider making them available on another site like Fireworking.com where they will be appreciated and enjoyed by all.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users