APC Forum

APC Forum and amateurpyro.com

TheSidewinder

Why is it not possible to download files for the download area. It´s written, I have no permission.

You couldn't download, because you hadn't made any posts. You should be able to now.

• 1 year later...
Yep, and with that one post..... you're now a Full Member and should have access to everything. :)

• 1 year later...

Hi, Sidewinder, Mumbles, et al!

There's been a bit of a discussion on the Vent thread about the Formulary and related features.

I see that while the Formulary DB exists, and can be found under the "More" tab, it doesn't have very many formulas in it -- perhaps most members weren't aware of it?

Also, not many members have posted their comments or rated formulas according to their experience, and the ratings don't show up in the main list of formulas.

In the original mentions of a Formulary in the Vent thread, members also expressed a wish for a calculator that would tell them how much of each ingredient they needed, given the proportions of the ingredients in the formula. That's certainly possible, but only if the DB has a separate numeric field for the amount of each ingredient.

Also, I understand that HE cannot be discussed on the general boards... and I'm wondering if the Formulary can hold HE formulas that only the HE-qualified members here can see? (If not, it should.)

The reason that I'm asking all of these questions is that I enjoy SQL (database programming language) and I'm good at it. I'd like to work on the APC Formulary just for grins and giggles, and add more functionality to it... but I don't know if there's any way to set that up, given that APC pays IP.Board for the app.

Sidewinder, just how much trouble was it to have the Formulary set up in the first place? Did IP.Board do all the programming for APC? Was it hugely expensive?

Also, I want to remind members here that the Formulary is there... that you can add your own formulas, and rate and add your comments to other member's formulas... and that the more knowledge and functionality we add to this site, the more active it will be.

-- Paravani

• 2 years later...