APC Forum

How to make a 2inch ball shell

Plasm7

Well done Plasm7, nice and simple and to the point. One question though, are you at least slightly worried that the wet BP slurry might cause your lift, (or burst), to become damp, or are you drying it before adding the cup? I like the idea of using a slurry on the 1/4 in time fuse rather than cross matching because of the simplicity. I have also seen a video, (maybe one of yours?), where pvc glue was used to coat and dip in black powder for a prime and I tried that but have not yet fired the three canister shells I used that on, (flying fish in a 2in ball shell) hope to do so soon. Thanks for taking the time for your contribution to this forum.

I havent ever had a problem timing the fuse with a slurry. I believe the moisture might damage the lift or burst but you use a very little amount of water which I believe prevents that from happening. The pvc glue also works great to prime the fuse. I didnt have any when I made this video so I used the slurry. From my experience flying fish fuse doesnt work as well in ball shells as it does in cylinder shells but good luck. When you fire the canister shells if you could post a video response to the tutorial that would be great.

good video, Personaly, I make a slurry of BP(Or KP, Or a mix, depended apon what im using) with Alcohol, or Acetone, and add a little Red gum, I then dip my fuse into the slurry, then dip it in corse BP or KP. Why KP? I have atleast 1000g left to use.