APC Forum

WinterBlast 2010

Xtreme Pyro

Who's going to this years winterblast? I will most likely be attending, I'm pretty excited as ive never been to a fireworks convention before. :lol:

I do have one question for those of you who have gone to a convention before though, what should I expect at the gate when I arrive? I was told by the manufacturing chairperson (Bill) that blackpowder in a pound or less would be allowed into the convention. Does the ATF search through your vehicle or do they just ask you if you have any live material with you?

Anyways I should have a great time, anyone else who is going maybe we could have a little get together :D.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

Who's going to this years winterblast? I will most likely be attending, I'm pretty excited as ive never been to a fireworks convention before. :lol:

I do have one question for those of you who have gone to a convention before though, what should I expect at the gate when I arrive? I was told by the manufacturing chairperson (Bill) that blackpowder in a pound or less would be allowed into the convention. Does the ATF search through your vehicle or do they just ask you if you have any live material with you?

Anyways I should have a great time, anyone else who is going maybe we could have a little get together :D .

I may be speaking a little out of turn here so forgive me if I do.

The ATF has no interest in you at the gate, it is the DOT that can stop and inspect you IF you are in commerce. If you are not, it needs to be the State Police that searches you and they need probable cause to do that and attending a convention does not pass muster.

As I understand the laws *if you are not in commerce, you may transport up to 50# in a passenger vehicle as long as it is commercial powder in its original packaging.

*My understanding only, check the Orange book for verification.