APC Forum

W.A.S.P pasting machine

Cookieman

What do you guys think about this machine? I contacted Jim Widmann and he has a new one out called "the Stinger" that pastes shells from 2" to 8" in minutes for $1695.00.

GREAT MACHINE for commercial purposes it must pay itself off in days with the productivity it creates A 12" shell ready to fuse in 12 minutes, is incredibly fast compared with hand pasting, and small shells take even less time.

For hobby purposes it's really rather an expensive toy especially as it needs a laptop dedicated to it's control.

GREAT MACHINE for commercial purposes it must pay itself off in days with the productivity it creates A 12" shell ready to fuse in 12 minutes, is incredibly fast compared with hand pasting, and small shells take even less time.

For hobby purposes it's really rather an expensive toy especially as it needs a laptop dedicated to it's control.

Even with the need for a laptop I did not realize there was an option for machine pasting nearly that cheap. That's a very reasonable price, even for a hobbyist. Consider how much some people spend on a single 4th of July, sometimes 3-4x that amount. If I ever get to a point were I feel like using my money to throw together larger displays, that's a no brainier for me. I could just about pay that thing off in a single day of shell building.

Nighthawk wheres that 5" you built?

In a bin full of calcium chloride. I haven't yet been able to fire it for various reasons. It will unfortunately have to wait until May or June

Someone in school(How lucky) has(or had, havent talked to him sence i screwed up my knee) a W.A.S.P for sale, I'll have to look into it, apparently somthing broke on it(from what he tells me) and dosent have the time to make shells any more. He was selling it for $900 as-is. Im almost tempted to buy it, and see if i can save it. If i can i get pictures, and find out what broke.

Someone in school(How lucky) has(or had, havent talked to him sence i screwed up my knee) a W.A.S.P for sale, I'll have to look into it, apparently somthing broke on it(from what he tells me) and dosent have the time to make shells any more. He was selling it for $900 as-is. Im almost tempted to buy it, and see if i can save it. If i can i get pictures, and find out what broke.

If you don't buy it, I will. :P There isn't a single mechanical component on that machine that I couldn't fix. Not bragging, It's just that I've been a machinist and working with motion control for years, and have the shop to create parts. If you end up buying it, and need some help with a part that the factory cannot do or is overcharging for, PM me.

Just be sure the problem is MECHANICAL and not part of the electronics, the motor drive, etc. That is where it can be both difficult and expensive.