APC Forum

Winter/Spring Rocket Competition - And the Winner is.....

EEguy

Im sidelined aswell, My double header wont be fired till probably june! Damn weather, stars, and nosey people! Luckly it is finished, now i worry about it passing fire to the second header >.> Gaah.... ohwell, things happen, still cant wait to see people's rockets. I MAY get to do a few day-rockets, if so, i'll send e'm in.

I wish everyone luck and good weather!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSidewinder

• dagabu

• EEguy

• Twotails

OK fellow pyro-rocketeers, this is the last week to get your videos turned in to The Sidewinder. The May 20th deadline will not be extended, so collect what you have and submit! There is a beautiful new Angry Spark III E-match timer controller just waiting to ship out and start counting. Initiate your electronic matches with 007 style. Solid aluminum construction and high-reliability components; yours for free, just build a rocket and get some footage!

Will you give a discount on the system to those of us that loose? I would really like one of them!

D

OK, folks.

Only THREE days remain until the contest closes. I now have the minimum number of entries. But it's the MINIMUM!

Anyone who was even toying with the idea of entering should get in gear.

After all, with this low number of entries your chances of winning are higher! ;)

I must have the email/PM with the link to the video IN MY HANDS by midnight Thursday, so let's get cracking!

Will you give a discount on the system to those of us that loose? I would really like one of them!

D

Normally, I would, but this system is currently on a 25% Spring sale. The current sale price cannot be lowered any more, or we would be making them for free. Believe it or not, this niche type of product does not have the high sales volume needed for cheap outsourcing; which to you means quality HAND BUILT IN THE USA! Every unit is fully tested before shipping out the door.

Thank you

Same here, 3 inch's of rain tonight, i'll try for a launch tomorrow, but, not hopefull.

Really, on sale, whats the web site?

www.nichropulse.com

And with Midnight, May 20th, having passed, this post will be closed until the results are posted.

I'll give the submitted videos to the judges and await their decision.

When that's done, we'll post the results here, and I'll add the videos.

Thanks to those who participated, and thanks ESPECIALLY to EEguy for sponsoring the contest! :)

The videos have been posted for the judging panel to retrieve.

We'll await their decision, and then announce the results.

Once it's settled the videos will made available for downloading, and placed in a Gallery for online viewing by those who prefer to see them that way.

Thank you all!

APC Staff

• 2 weeks later...

And the Winner is....

going to be announced by EEguy. :whistle:

Stay tuned for his announcement!

The competition was VERY close, and I do NOT envy the Judges task of having to pick one clear winner.

In the meantime (just to soothe your impatience) I've opened the Download Category where the videos are stored, and you can view the 6 received entries.

Well I for one tip my hat to you all. My favorite was not mine so loosing will be OK with me!

NichroPulse is proud to announce the winner of this years winter/spring rocket competition!

It was very close, as all of the videos were fantastic. Thank you all who participated, and thanks to the wonderful administrator "TheSidewinder" for moderating this competition.

Dagabu, congradulations and fantastic job! We loved the white flash multi-breaks.

Please PM me through this forum, and set up your account information on www.nichropulse.com to recieve you free Angry Spark III E-match controller system. You will be initiating e-matches with 007 precision and style very soon!

We have posted the first, second and third place results for your viewing at http://www.nichropulse.com/documents/rocket_judging.pdf

I cant believe it!! Holy cow, I dont win anything!

Thanks Judges!

Congratulations dagabu!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!2rolleyes.gif

Thanks cookie. The wife and I have at least three mock commercials we are going to do with the controller.

BTW- They sell chems too!

Many thanks to EEguy and nichropulse for Judging, and offering a nice prize for this competition. It was a pleasure being the intermediary. After all, *I* got to see the entries first. ;)

TS, a question, will there be more competitions like this in the future?

• 2 months later...
There is a new Fall competition for those of you who would like another chance. We have decided to conduct it directly on YouTube. To increase interest, we specified existing footage and will now include a broad range of pyrotechnic/e-match related application. Simply visit the NichroPulse YouTube channel for details.

• 9 months later...