APC Forum

AfterGlow

NightHawkInLight

While browsing fireworks related material in google about a month ago I stumbled across a forum (vpyro.com) which focused on creating virtual fireworks displays from a variety of programs. It just so happens that when I came upon the forum a new program made by the creator of ShowSim (think Passfire) was just about to go into beta testing.

The program, AfterGlow, allows the user to create virtual firework displays timed to music as you would be able to in ShowSim, but at a much lower price. Because it is modeled after ShowSim some features were removed/revised to keep it from functioning for a company in planning a display. At $50 it is still pricey, but reasonable.

I purchased it as a pre release to members of vpyro a week or two ago. After playing with it for a few hours I made a small display as a demo:

Surprisingly it ran quite well on my dinosaur of a Dell, though as you can hear there were some audio glitches created in rendering. I'm yet to try anything on a more powerful computer.

The shell editor built into the program allows just about any type of shell/mine to be created. I still don't have it mastered, but in the video I used several multibreak shells, all custom made. I haven't looked through every effect already programed into the library, but there are several hundred.

Just thought I'd let you guys in on it if you're interested. The website is not yet up and running, but it will be located at www.afterglow-fireworks.com

For now it's available at www.vpyro.com

-NH

• 3 months later...
Old post, but wanted to complement your music choice- very cool stuff!!!

Thats Kyles program, he is the creator, author and moderator (of sorts) of the PassFire Forum I love sooooooo much!

D