APC Forum

2" round shell, D1 glitter

JamesH

Heres my latest 2" round shell, they still need slight tweeking though, I think the burst needs to be a tiny bit harder.

The burst charge was 4:1 BP on grass seed with 0.4g KNO3 flash booster. The stars were primed 1/4" round D1 glitter.

The shell was made using vacuform hemis and pasted in with 4 layers of potato sack kraft paper. The lift was 5g of 2Fg corned BP.

Heres my latest 2" round shell, they still need slight tweeking though, I think the burst needs to be a tiny bit harder.

The burst charge was 4:1 BP on grass seed with 0.4g KNO3 flash booster. The stars were primed 1/4" round D1 glitter.

The shell was made using vacuform hemis and pasted in with 4 layers of potato sack kraft paper. The lift was 5g of 2Fg corned BP.

IMHO,

Dont change a thing! It looked great, nice break, good spread.

D

That was indeed a very nice shell. I don't think the burst needs to be modified at all. A bit of pasting modification may be all that is needed. You really can't ask for much more out of 2" shells.

• 10 months later...

I finally got around to testing another 2" round shell.

This shell was identical to the last one, but this time I pasted it in with 6 layers of kraft paper instead of 4.

I'm quite happy with this one but I still feel the burst could possibly be a tiny bit stronger, but I don't really want to have to paste a 2" shell with 8 layers of kraft to do this.

I think I'll try adding slightly more flash next time, maybe 0.7g, will this extra flash noticably increase the flash on bursting?

Edited by JamesH