APC Forum

I don't know where this goes

kwstag

Apparently the FBI hates APC too.. I really don't see why. This place beats BB but I'd advise you to be careful.

What makes you say the FBI hates APC? It's understandable but evidence please. And incase you are right... Hiya Feds

Do you think they're going to talk about liking us? He ordered some very controlled creagents acting as a company. Differen't than what we've done.

Well, at least any feelings of hate are mutual. :)

Ok you need to shut the fuck up because I did not order AA. They got me from BB, APC, and a chemical supplier reported me for me wanting information on nitromethane. I'm not in trouble but a lot of people are going to be I was told.

And they took nothing, so you need to check your resources. They encouraged me to continue, but with a pro and in a safter environment, then left.

They took nothing, and searched nothing.

I'm not in trouble but a lot of people are going to be I was told.

I'm intrigued - would you be able to elaborate on the actual conversation you had with the guys? Did they really tell you they were going after other people from APC? Seems odd that they would discuss the matter in such a way - this is the FBI, right?

They are not going for people on APC, they are going for people on BB (Totse). A selected few.

They just don't like APC because it's chemistry and pyro related.. Which is almost fully illegal you might as well say now..

They just don't like APC because it's chemistry and pyro related.. Which is almost fully illegal you might as well say now..

There's nothing "illegal" with talking about pyrotechnics and/or chemistry. I could wear t-shirts, have bumper stickers, and find a way to bring up shooting bottle rockets, aerial shells and making pancakes (Whoo! Hungry!) in every conversation I have but that doesn't constiatute breaking the law. Unless- you start "making" a whole slew of things that would put you in a catagory as being or posing a "significant hazard or danger to the workings of lawful order."

I had the distinct opportunity to meet some guys from the BAFT after a very bad mis-understanding that, at the time, I didn't have the knowledge to fix. Of course, even if you do everything by the book and try not to get "on the scope"- you'll still be visible because of the types of materials we have to use for our hobbies. However, many of these chemicals can always be ligetimately used for something else other then fireworks. Remember that well as it will get you out of a sticky situation 90% of the time.

And for anyone wanting to twist words here, I'm not suggesting you lie, deceive, or falsely give any info. You darn well better be truthful as a visit from the FBI or BATF may not be too pleasant- but give them a reason to come back and you can bet your sweet black-powder "hunting pistol"- that they won't be friendly the next time.

I had the opportunity to speak with an FBI agent once. I reported a guy who e-mailed me asking about how to make Novichak(sp?) anyway, I ran a simple google search and it turned out he was asking me how to make russian nerve gas. I dunno if the guy was serious or not, but I don't really give a shit, it's things like that, that get us shut down. The agent called me up after I submitted the info, and I told him about the Pyro website I was building and that's how this guy got my e-mail. The agent could have cared less about my pyrotechnic endevours. So long as your not unduely endangering or disrupting society, they don't care.

Weird ain't it? The movies make out the Feds to be the all around covert ops guys but in reality I think they have better people skills then the AFT folks. Seems they like to do things "loudly"- know what I mean? And if any agent has a problem with what i'm saying- give me a call, I'm sure yall still have my phone number.

Anyhow, I can say that the AFT agent I talked to a few years back was level headed but that was one guy. I'm sure we could all quote all the mess up's from both agencies in the past. Heck; no one's perfect.

Sorry stag, I have to say it..

Guys, its been pretty much proven in my eyes that this story was made up for some reason, so don't worry about it. I may be wrong, but there are many reasons for which this just isn't true.

Yeah bud, you are wrong. I appreciate the apology though and your honesty.

1. It is true.

2. I can say myself honestly it has not been proven false, but nor has is been proven true even though I provided a picture of the card and that still wasn't enough for the noobs of BB.

3. You can belive what you want it does not bother me, for I know I was visited and so do my parents and that's all I care about, not how a bunch of kids (Not directed to APC but rather a few of the BB members) think I'm making a story up for attention. You just can't face the fact it could be you any day.

With all you did, there is a slim to none chance that you would be here talking about it.

Man your parents are a bunch of retards stag im surprised your allowed out of your cage.

Hey Stag - you said:

"I'm not in trouble but a lot of people are going to be I was told."

"they are going for people on BB (Totse). A selected few. "

So which one is it - a lot or a few?

Don't worry about it man...I wish this thread was deleted. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah because you know you could be next but can't face that fact.. It's sad when people think they are invicible and everything is somehow legal for them. Oh well, when Federal Laws bite them in the ass they will realize like I did. You're fucked one way or another in most cases.

• 7 months later...

FBI? ATF? CIA? man sounds like conspiracy theory out there. Buy your chems, join a club and shoot under a licensed legite supervised club. Simple man, simple. By the by, unless you are denouncing your citizenship or part of a terror org, or have mental problems or have a felony you know you COULD go legal with a couple of hundred bucks and an application. Of course the magazine, storage, paperwork and the like would be costly and time consuming. They are not looking for the people that are trying to pursue a hobby and have some fun, the local cops will take care of that. Now buy a few thousand pounds of AN and make some ANFO.......well then they may come a knocking. Be safe and have fun, dont give em a reason to bug you and they wont.

I know this, if the FBI came to my house and questioned me I hardly think I would ever post on a forum again. EVER. But that is just me. :ph34r:

I think the single fact alone that I am still around and have not been hastled is proof enough they don't care about APC. If you were the FBI, would you go after some random member who really is no threat, or would you go after the administrator of a "bomb making site"?

I personally think that Kwstag is over exagerating, if it even happened. He did something stupid, and got some government attention. I know friends who have had first hand encounters. Basically they try to scare you straight so they don't have to be bothered with you again. Something along the lines of. "Oh I see you have some 3" canister casings rolled and some charcoal on the benchtop. You know that you could go to jail for a long time for that and its not safe." They make empty claims even though there is nothing illegal there.

I very much agree with your suggestion to join a club and find some licenced individuals to mentor you. Often times if they like you, they'll teach you, or even just let you store stuff in their magazine.

Kwstag however can not get licenced, as he is not yet 21. That idea is out. However if building under a licenced individual and storing in their magazine, it is totally legal I do believe.

Now that it's bumped...

"They are not looking for the people that are trying to pursue a hobby ... Now buy a few thousand pounds of AN ... well then they may come a knocking."

Wrong unfortunately! There was a raid at a chem supplier in Germany and they took the hard drive with all customer info. Admittedly the supplier was selling stuff like perc, NM, AN etc without asking questions, and having no licence to sell IIRC. So far so understandable.

We might expect now they go through the files and search the houses of those who ordered HE ingredients in kilo amounts. Wrong again! Some overambitious bitch showed a chem professor a list and had him testify the pyro use of just about every chem on that list. Then they went and got search warants for 200-300 houses. :blink:

Not only did they make no distinction between an ounce of fountain comp and a ton of ANFO, they prosecuted *everybody* who ordered *anything* for "manufacture of explosives" based on the possible (!!!) pyro uses the professor had testified. Like:

A person wanting to electroplate, ordering HCl and copper sulfate. Because HCl is used to make AP, and copper salts are used to make coloured flash, he faces years in jail.

A person ordering hexamin fuel tabs (say for his model steam engine). He is accused of explosives manufacture because hexamine is used for HMTD and RDX. They gave a fuck he had neither peroxide nor nitric acid at home.

Top joke is than everybody who ordered *calcium chloride* for his desiccator is accused of making flash. Because calcium salts can be used to colour flames, and could be added to colour the flash.

The same for just about any strontium, barium, sodium, ... salt of any kind.

The affair is finally solved, but it is sad the house raids and trials went on for month while it should have been clear from the beginning that the 'pyro-uses-list' was a joke. But the prosecutor wanted a career boost out of it, and if a chemistry professor says a chemical is good for bomb making, who believes a bunch of teen bombers who will tell any lie to get off the hook? :angry:

I'll look around for that list, a funny reading, should be somewhere hopefully.

EDIT: Found the list (shortened). Turns out it was not (only) from a chem prof but includes items she (prosecutor cunt) found on bomb sites:

1. Acetone - Reason: Can be converted to (non-existing) DPPP.

2. Aluminium - Any mesh, even coarse grains!

3. Ammonia solution - Reason: Can be used to make acetylides. Of all things....

4. Barium carbonate - Reason: Can be used for coloured flash (nonsense, nitrate is used).

6. Lead salts - Reason: Can be converted to lead azide. Since we all have sodium azide...

7. Ethanol - Reason: Can be converted to etyl nitrate. Remember Jim Beam BOOM...

8. Calcium carbonate (chalk!) - Reason: Can be used for coloured flash.

10. Iron oxide - Can catalyse sugar explosives or what?

17. Charcoal - Or the BBQ grill of terror...

22. Pot. permanganat - Because on a crap site there was a joke it converts cotton to NC!

25/26/29 Copper sulfate / Li carbonate / ALL sodium salts - Can be used for coloured flash.

Plus an extra-entry for bicarb - neeeded to make nitro, R-salt and RDX. The crucial ingredient I bet...

It gets boring. Here follow shellack, sulfur, sulfucic acid, HCl, ... all shit but bullshit.

42. Silver metal - Can be used for acetylide/fulminate/azide... OMG my girlfriend has an explosive necklace!

Finally kitchen items like sweeteners (can be nitrated), citric acid (can catalyse HMTD).

No surprise one of the suspects is said to have told the cop: "Officer, don't forget to confiscate the ten liters of dihydrogen monoxide in the loo tank!" :P

• 2 months later...
I personally welcome any visit from state, local or federal agents.Nothing to hide, no worries.
There is a flaw in this reasoning. It presupposes good intentions on the part of the agency.

Whomever says only those who have something to hide need worry, this supposes that the government will always remain respectful nor attempt to limit your freedom. What is legal one day may become illegal another day: That which you didn't need to hide has become criminal.

I too would like to think I have nothing to hide. I have no hostile intentions. I store everything safely. My storage shed is located far enough away from any residence so the risk is limited to only myself. However, I would never welcome any warrantless harassment by anyone. It is unwise to open yourself up to unnecessary legal scrutiny. If they have sufficient evidence to search then they can get a warrant, refusal to allow a search is not reason enough for a warrant.

• 3 weeks later...
arch
I personally welcome any visit from state, local or federal agents.Nothing to hide, no worries.
There is a flaw in this reasoning. It presupposes good intentions on the part of the agency.

Whomever says only those who have something to hide need worry, this supposes that the government will always remain respectful nor attempt to limit your freedom. What is legal one day may become illegal another day: That which you didn't need to hide has become criminal.

I too would like to think I have nothing to hide. I have no hostile intentions. I store everything safely. My storage shed is located far enough away from any residence so the risk is limited to only myself. However, I would never welcome any warrantless harassment by anyone. It is unwise to open yourself up to unnecessary legal scrutiny. If they have sufficient evidence to search then they can get a warrant, refusal to allow a search is not reason enough for a warrant.

I agree except If you refuse to let them search they will find reasonable cause and then it will cost 40 or 50 thousand dollars just for a good lawer' I know, this happen to me. I also lost a laboratory that I spent my life buliding. They destroed everthing on the spot they thought they had a meth lab. laboratory tests of all the samples and swipes turned out Neg of corse. No madder, 5-6 thousand dollars in classware alone was gone and I had no money left to sue Them. Mite have lost anyway-- in my state crazy laws. more than 2 ounces of iodine is a felony if you have classware too.

As long as you dont wander far from the safe & sane limitations you dont have to worry about much. If you make some BP and rolls some stars and keep it all small then your worrying for nothing, now if you make something along the lines of 1lb of AP then you can almost surely expect someone will be watching you not to mention 1lb of AP would be crazy. Just think small I have met a BATF agent and he told me that they dont dislike small pyro expierements now if u start making more pyro or even HE's then they will probably notice you, Keep in mind these guys have extensive chemistry and explosives training if they hear u have a pound of BP they wont care as much as if you had a whole jar of MEKP. So quit being paranoid and like mumbles I have been here for a long.....long time I even talked about grenades and smoked grenades and there materials, ignition systems, ect. I havent been in any trouble yet. Talking wont get you into trouble its the physical evidence that will lock you away. :ph34r: