APC Forum

Star mine lift powder

Mr.Dan

I was looking for different lift powders to use in a star mine and I ended up trying a star composition that I found. It is said to use 1 part potassium perchlorate and 1 part aluminum flake (I never made stars with this comp it burned to fast). So i tried it and it gave a quick clean lift and left he tube intact to use other times. So before I make a bigger version of this I was wondering what you guys use for your lift in star mines and if you ever use this for a lift comp.

Lift is lift. Blackpowder is nearly always used. That flash powder you have, and it is a flash, may not light some stars. It will also tend to shatter tubes in larger amounts. I highly suggest moving to a safer, and more efficient black powder lift. Black powder, provides more of a lift, more gas, and more flame contact. You are obviously a beginner, so I suggest staying away from all flash powders until you cut your teeth.

Also, stop making threads for everything. There are plenty of other threads on lift or starmines or the random thread that this could have gone in. If you keep up the obvious total lack of searching and making new threads you're getting banned.