APC Forum

2inch can shell tutorial

Plasm7

here is the tutorial the first half is how to make one with flying fish fuse the second half is how to make the shell with stars.

any questions either post on the video or on here. Thanks

here is the tutorial the first half is how to make one with flying fish fuse the second half is how to make the shell with stars.

any questions either post on the video or on here. Thanks

Could you upload it to pyrobin.com?

D

Cool, thanks!

Question, on your tut, you show drilling a hole in the base and filling the fuse hole.... what was your rational?

D

It is mainly preference I prefer to build the shell from the time fuse up. I also believe that it effects performance a little bit because these shell are more like mini starmines. and I believe the lid is the first part of the casing to fail so having the burst at the back would be mainly pushing the fish fuse out the lid. I hope that makes some sense

• 1 month later...
having the burst at the back would be mainly pushing the fish fuse out the lid.

very smart, would have thought of that.

nice and simple star shell tutorial. thanks for posting it up.

how did they perform?

how do you coat your ricehulls? it seems to me they arent coated at all. Did you just added some meal powder on dry rice hulls?

how do you coat your ricehulls? it seems to me they arent coated at all. Did you just added some meal powder on dry rice hulls?

I used the left over rice hulls from my first batch which didnt turn out to be coated that well. When I coat them I soak them in water and dry them until they are damp then start adding powder in 4 increments 3 with dextrin 1 without. You dont need a strong break so I decided to use my leftover ricehulls instead of throwing that batch away. here is a video of the shells being fired http://www.youtube.com/user/plasm7#p/a/u/2/X44Wyz0SesE

I build my shells similer, although i use KP(in 3-4in or above), or a mix of KP and BP. I always set my burst at the back, I also offset spike with cotton(or hemp) string, soaked in a mixture of Redgum/acetone/alcohol, IMO it helps the strings not slip, and once dry are pretty hard. sometimes i go as far as spraying the strings with the same redgum mixture, to provide even distribution. I just made a shell with stars ranging from AP blues, Silicone blues, Strobes, RW Glitters, sparkler stars, and i think thats it. Why the mix of stars? I wasent going to have enough silicone blue stars, so i improvised.

Can't wait till i send it up!

• 1 month later...