APC Forum

Places that ship fuse USPS Priority ?

jm82792

I need to get fuse, flying fish fuse, visco and crackling fuse out here

VIA USPS Priority since Parcel post takes up to 8 weeks.

PyroCreations wont allow that to happen,

so I'm needing to go somewhere else since I need the fuse out here and wanted to wait since I didn't know what I wanted to do a few weeks ago....

Hmm.

I'll go without it and buy some small fireworks then use the visco fuse.

Next year, next year I'll build a ball mill, and get serious,

this year I'm dabbling :)

Hmm.

I'll go without it and buy some small fireworks then use the visco fuse.

Next year, next year I'll build a ball mill, and get serious,

this year I'm dabbling :)

USPS will ship fuse via ground transportation, about 8 weeks as you said to the big island. Count on a minimum of $15.00 for even the smallest of packages since there is and ORM charge and an upper limit for weight of the entire package.

You may have better luck getting a private party to arrange the shipping from the mainland, just stay legal and do your homework.

D

If shipping takes 8 weeks then you should be thinking 12 weeks and buying 11 weeks before you need it. Please do NOT hope for someone to supply you illegally. It's your address on the parcel then they check your card payments and see who recieved the money and take them down too. This year please buy legally, and plan for next year just a little sooner.

I won't be shipping any fuse over here this year,

I basically hit that conclusion a couple days ago since I can buy consumer fireworks on the cheap

that will provide me with plenty of visco that's not expensive since I'm barely doing anything this year(2 pounds of chemicals total)

There is a club being formed in Hawaii right now - check with the guys on passfire, there is a thread about it. I would have no doubts that you could borrow a bit of fuse from one of those guys!

Wow!

Probably in Honolulu but I'll look since I want to get into the legalistic aspects of the hobby that applies here,

Funny, he is more than likely the same guy who is on my local reef keeping forum.

If so that's plain weird.

Edited by jm82792

• 1 month later...
I ordered some stuff from pyrodirect, including fuse, and it arrived in 3 days even though it was parcel post. It had a sticker saying it contained safety fuse, and the box had a torn up corner that looked like someone looked inside, and the packing list was opened so I'm sure it was checked. To Hawaii though, by ocean freight I would guess you are in for a long waiting time.

I ordered some stuff from pyrodirect, including fuse, and it arrived in 3 days even though it was parcel post. It had a sticker saying it contained safety fuse, and the box had a torn up corner that looked like someone looked inside, and the packing list was opened so I'm sure it was checked. To Hawaii though, by ocean freight I would guess you are in for a long waiting time.

I am no lawyer and will not be held responsible for what you decide to do with my posting but if the shipper is willing to take the risk, I would buy more myself. As long as the materials them selves are not illegal (drugs) the shipper is responsible for the shipping, not the receiver. (USA only)