APC Forum

favorite blue star comp with copper carbonate?

shagaKahn

OK I finally put a crowbar in my wallet and sprang for some copper carbonate--but I must say my first experiment was disappointing.

Have made blue stars with black copper oxide and have been happy with them. Would never have bothered with copper carbonate if not for all the talk of its being "the best" and "the deepest" and "the finest" blue.

My first comp was a formula beginning with 63 parts AP. Won't bore you with the all the details--y'all prob'ly know them by heart. Suffice it to say it was a disappointing washed out blue-white.

Have heard the argument on other lists about how I was prob'ly "too close" and that you really need to see them from a distance--but black copper oxide stars show up a delicious enough blue without my having to leave the state to look at them. If a copper oxide star is blue from a hundred feet away, why do I have to get still farther away to get a good blue out of a copper carbonate star?

Have a Shimizu Blue #1 formula and I'm gonna try it with an open mind.

Did review this topic as it stands on the compositions forum but can't find a real consensus. Y'all got a favorite copper carbonate blue star? AP or not, organic or metallic.

Thanx for the width,

s