APC Forum

Techniques for dragons eggs

Mr.Dan

That's what I want to hear ;)

Just found 12.4 oz of Bismuth (III) oxide for ~60 dollars maybe I can get it ~10-20 dollars cheaper. What do you have to pay for it? I know you can get it much cheaper because you've got firefox, skylighter etc... you lucky bastards :P

The ping pong ball mix you are talking about is an equivolant to cellulose acetate.

• 2 years later...
Well, there are really only 3 ways to make dragon eggs. Granulate through a screen, cut, or pump. The pump is fairly pricy. Cutting requires special tools unless you are really patient. Granulating is probably the easiest way to get started off.

The comps are everywhere. Look them up. All dragon eggs are usually bound with NC lacquer.

I just made a batch of dragon eggs granulating through a screen. How can I prime them and with what prime, because slow BP light them easily?

• 3 weeks later...
Well, there are really only 3 ways to make dragon eggs. Granulate through a screen, cut, or pump. The pump is fairly pricy. Cutting requires special tools unless you are really patient. Granulating is probably the easiest way to get started off.

The comps are everywhere. Look them up. All dragon eggs are usually bound with NC lacquer.

Looks like I´m still using another method. I wet with NC, roll out to a slab of about several mm thick and let dry as is, probably making a few irregular cuts to get handier pieces for the next step. Then I crush the slabs/pieces and screen for size separation. Even if the eggs are reported to be quite sensitive to friction and, to a lesser amount, to shock, this method is safe when using suitable tools. I personally consider it less tedious than other methods and it gives nice sharp-egded, irregular grains looking like colored 4FA.

Concerning toxicity, bismuth eggs are the best choice, but I also like the formula #2 from Lancaster, which contains a lot less lead than the usual 89/11 and is also cheaper as well as nicer to work with. Just in case anybody doesn´t know it:

Pb3O4 44

CuO 31

MgAl 17

KNO3 4

S 4.

Works just as good as formulas based on bismuth or plain lead.