APC Forum

Fix this damned site!

Yafmot

That's it! I've had it. Im through posting anything any more. I'm just goddamned sick of going out of my way to add something to the forum, only to find that my attention to detail has been rewarded with some kind of bullshit message that I didn't do something right, or took too long or whatever.

I'll read the fuckin' thing, but that will be the extent of my participation. I've written a fucking encyclopedia worth of stuff, and the greater bulk of it was nullified by this stupid goddamned message that some procedural fuckup of indeterminate nature had taken place.

I've had enough.

This is Yafmot, signing off.

Absolutely and truly agreed. I hate the time limit on posting something, there should definitely be a tool that autosaves your information so in case something goes wrong you don't end up wanting to put your monitor in the burn pile.

Surf in Firefox! It keeps written text until the submission is complete. I used to get the line dropping during long typing sessions and I could get the line back and continue typing from where I left off.

That's it! I've had it. Im through posting anything any more. I'm just goddamned sick of going out of my way to add something to the forum, only to find that my attention to detail has been rewarded with some kind of bullshit message that I didn't do something right, or took too long or whatever.

*****SNIP****

We have a TWO-HOUR session timeout. If you don't change pages (or otherwise refresh your session here) within two hours, yes, you get logged out.

An actual error message might give me a clue where the problem lies, if the above is not the reason.

But without more details, I have no clue where to even start looking.

How about everyone take note of what the board tells you, when an error occurs, then relay that to me or Mumbles via a post??

Yelling at us to "Fix this damned site!" really doesn't give us much to go on now, does it.

I've never had a problem. You do realize the mods of this site are running this site essentially out of their own kindness?

I use firefox.

As a matter of course, I tend to press control-C before I click submit whenever I've typed a lengthy post. Never once had a problem with this site though.

I also use Firefox ; )

I am willing to do whatever I can to fix this problem, as it is obviously not just affecting Yafmot. I appreciate your input, and am of course curious as to what I am missing out on. An error message would be helpful. I was looking around earlier, and didn't see a great deal that dealt with automatic logouts, if that is actually the problem.

I do know where you are coming from. At one point in time it would constantly log me out when I would try to post, or change pages. After a bit it stopped happening. I think it just takes a bit for the cookies to get properly embedded, or all of my various IP addresses to get recognized. I just made it practice to copy all of my replies every so often. I still do it. I frequently brush the touch pad on my laptop, and it moves the cursor off of the box where a back space will go back to the last page. Usually I can return to the page with my reply intact, but it never hurts just in case.

As a matter of course, I tend to press control-C before I click submit whenever I've typed a lengthy post. Never once had a problem with this site though.

^^^^ Ding Ding... any lengthy reply with real effort behind it gets a quick control-C before clicking the POST button.

Sorry you've been losing work. Like xetap said, I always work in a word doc if I'm posting something longer than this message. This way I can check my spelling at the same time which is usually nesisaaairy :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you have more wits about you than a lethargic rodent, it should be very simple to go around a time limit and foil the accursed error message.

Either, as stated, use Copy/paste ( highlight Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V, or highlight, right-click, copy.... right-click, paste (sorry if you are on a MAC, you are kinda screwed mouswise...)

Or write the bloody message somewhere else in something like...a word document program.... sure MS word sucks IMHO, Note pad is incompatible with everything important, and cmd.exe uses DOS text format but they still WORK..

The level of sheer, flat-out, stupid in this thread kinda makes me wonder: Why/How are these people are playing with things that burn and explode... PUT A HELMET ON!!!!(and get some knee pads!!)

Oh, and it really puts egg on your face when you explode publicly about how much this place sucks, while conveniently acting like a 6 year old bipolar kid on redbull, when you haven't consulted anyone about the problem and getting it remedied.... Just a friendly little reminder that you are truly retarded.

On a side note; How long does it take you to post? I have taken a good 90 minutes and it still works just fine...

(Sorry if I come off as attempting to moderate, but it kinda gets under my skin when people publically display their stupid. This post is a last ditch attempt at hoping some people will learn via redundancy...)

Edited by RUUUUUN