APC Forum

My home made dragon egg`s

lokys

I just had to unapprove more posts. A couple people are about to earn a vacation.

Use the "Report" button when you feel a post needs removal, is offtopic, inappropriate, or whatever. Then leave the moderating to the moderators.

Do not continue this post unless it directly addresses the topic and questions asked. Last warning.

"so they worked well with 50 50 CuO to Bi2O3? never heard of that before" I got this composition off one of the american pyro sites can't remember which one, but they're the loudest Ive ever made, I tried the pyroguide method again with the same n.c laquer as my good ones and still they're crap, the new ones I made have what I would consider a sharp crack the other ones just poof and fizzle a bit.

I've seen that composition before. I've never tried it, but I've heard good results. I bet a similar thing could be done with red lead.

Dragon egg oxides seem to have a special quality, in that they are able to be partly reduced (or at least the oxidizer combo), and they are quite dense/heavy. I've been interested in trying Tin (IV) Oxide and antimony trioxide as an alternative.

From others, they state that the key to get them to work is to really load them up with NC lacquer, 4-6% NC solids by weight at the end.

Well, we'll see you in 2 weeks Anyka. You'll still be able to read here, but wont be allowed to post anywhere.

Really, children love them? You've got to be kidding me.

Mumbles,

I think Anyka was referring to children enjoying the loud crackle effect, not children being given the devices to light themselves.

-

The image of Anyka encourging children to use fireworks without adult supervision, and her message that her device is easily portable being construed or at least leaving a reader the idea she would be in anyway involved in a terorist assault, both leave me with serious questions.

- 2huh.gif -

Anyka,

I don't know who your fooling but you, my dear, have a serious case of Schizophrenia and the prognosis does not look good for you.2wacko.gif

Anyka,

I don't know who your fooling but you, my dear, have a serious case of Schizophrenia and the prognosis does not look good for you.2wacko.gif

Schizophrenia being classified as two distinct different personalities is a common misconception. Schizophrenia is not dissociative identity disorder (or multiple personality disorder); they are both different. Just something I thought you would like to know, since the majority of people think otherwise. Google it for more information :). Whatever she has, it's pretty serious. I'm not going to comment any more as I seem to be the bad guy for it.

In Anyka's procedure, she fails to stress the toxicity of red lead. She mentions latex gloves but nothing to do with the dangers of breathing it and other exposure. I'm not even sure if latex gloves are a good idea either, whether it will withstand the acetone in the NC lacquer. I frankly would be very reluctant with following any procedures that Anyka provides.

Schizophrenia being classified as two distinct different personalities is a common misconception. Schizophrenia is not dissociative identity disorder (or multiple personality disorder); they are both different. Just something I thought you would like to know, since the majority of people think otherwise. Google it for more information 2smile.gif. Whatever she has, it's pretty serious. I'm not going to comment any more as I seem to be the bad guy for it.

In Anyka's procedure, she fails to stress the toxicity of red lead. She mentions latex gloves but nothing to do with the dangers of breathing it and other exposure. I'm not even sure if latex gloves are a good idea either, whether it will withstand the acetone in the NC lacquer. I frankly would be very reluctant with following any procedures that Anyka provides.

Nice to have you back Gunzway!!2smile.gif

Anyka,

Who are you?

Allow me to draw your attention to some facts.

The first one is that you are certainly NOT on topic.[sic]

Secondly, you are NOT a person showing knowledge of what symptoms a person suffering from schizophrenia would exhibit. I may only be 19, but it is obvious you like to play "doctor." Why are you making pretend?

If you want to turn this site into a medical one; I think, you should ask permission first!

If you have a true interest in what the symptoms of the disease are, and its forms; ask Anyka if you ever message her again.

She has an M.D. in Psychiatry, and before changing jobs, had her own practice for a few years.

Perhaps a poem she wrote and sent to me to use as I wish will offer you a glimpse into the world of a schizophrenic.

I would not use any part of the poem without her permission; it is protected by copyright laws.

Also,should you message me again; please do not wander off the topic.

Ushie Mayna

http://i25.tinypic.com/65261c.jpg

Also, some constructive criticism; learn how to correctly construct sentences.

Incorrect:

I don't know who your ( you used the possessive form of the pronoun "you"- when you needed to use the contraction for you are (you're) fooling(comma precedes the conjunction) but (semi-colon needed to connect the two thoughts of your sentence)you, my dear,(no comma) have a serious case of(lower case "s" "schizophrenia" is not a proper noun. Schizophrenia-- and the progress does not look good for you.--

too verbose--

Correct:

I don't know who you are fooling, but, you; my dear have a serious case of schizophrenia which has a bad outlook.

Your message was inappropriate, and had malicious intent.

I am sick of all this bullshit. You're not tricking anyone. "Ushie" you're banned. Anyka, you're ban has been doubled. Try to circumvent it again, and you're banned for good and we're reporting your IP address and e-mail address to Invision as spammer which means you'll be banned from every forum on the internet that uses the software.

Thank you Mumbles, back on topic:

Do you guys know what is used to produce the crackling flower typre effect? I know its Dragon Eggs and Titanium but what size? How is it done? Just mixed in?

This is the effect by the way:

Thank you Mumbles, back on topic:

Do you guys know what is used to produce the crackling flower typre effect? I know its Dragon Eggs and Titanium but what size? How is it done? Just mixed in?

This is the effect by the way:

If your talking about the first one(which i would also like to learn), i have no idea, but I think its called something like rain by the chinese.

KM, I saw a cross-section of a large star once, didn't have a ruler handy but if I had to guess it would have been about 3/4 of an inch. The cut away revealed two things: Layers of prime and delay with glitter and small "dots". When I asked about the star, the man (can't think of his name for the life of me) described an effect very similar to what was in that video. Although, if the "dots" within the layers were dragon eggs, one could assume that they would pop in the stream of D1 as the flame front progressed.

KruseMissile, no Time Rain is a different effect all together. Those are dragoon eggs.

And optimus thank you, I thought I had seen it somewhere. One thing I do not understand though, is the final comp. including the Ti rolled on after the prime? And mesh of the Ti?

KruseMissile, no Time Rain is a different effect all together. Those are dragoon eggs.

And optimus thank you, I thought I had seen it somewhere. One thing I do not understand though, is the final comp. including the Ti rolled on after the prime? And mesh of the Ti?

Never tried these myself - not totally sure whether the outer layer is supposed to be that Ti spark comp or mabye an additional 'dark' prime?

You could always try contacting Harold at his email listed on rec.pyro:

smellersthefeller (_at_hotmail_dot_com_)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyka,

I tried to tell you in a PM but now you need to know the truth face to face (or here, whatever).

Please stop,

"I do like to help, I do not have any degrees in chemistry, I cant do math to save my life and I am very new into this hobby, everybody here knows this about me. I am concerned that you are playing up to all of these guys and making yourself out as more then you are in real life and that disappoints me greatly.

Please, step away from trying to be an expert, come back down to earth and learn with the rest of us...

we have cookies!

Dave"

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! my little love muffin is back.

Anyka-

I was reading a thread in which you gave bad information. I went to your profile and looked through more of your posts. Every thread you post in becomes a mess of off-topic nonsense and "information" outside common pyrotechnic practice. I don't understand why you post the things you do. Now I am frustrated, so I'm putting this off-topic post in a formerly-useful topic about dragon eggs.

You cannot tell me that you were sitting around with your bucket of red lead and stumbled on a crackling composition. That's taken from some outdated manual, which is useful to see what has been done in the past, but is outdated because there are now better ways.

Frankly, these posts amuse me, but distract me from the serious learning I come here to do. Further, they provide inaccurate information to others. Your stated aim is sharing information, but the information you share is marginal at best. Please stop this nonsense, work on some projects, and discuss relevant things! The "random discussion" forum is a great place to go if you just want to talk.

I hope someone will soon delete everything she, and others in response, have posted in all these threads, and I hope that Anyka can become a productive member of this community and stop wasting peoples' time with nonsensical compositions and practices. I wish not to offend, but make clear that your actions are not appreciated.

Show me something I posed that was absolutely ..off-the -wall.

I have curosity.

OK, I'll do that.

1) CuO does have 4 O's attached to it. So, with a metal fuel as magnalium it happily gives them up. (Wrong)

2) The ..boom..is of deep tone. It also creates a "mushroom cloud." (We don't discuss ground salutes here because they are illegal)

There were plenty of these posts when I started looking through the forum to figure out who I was talking to. I am not going to waste my time finding and quoting them. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems as if you are antagonizing people here. It seems like you are trying to be cute, and it seems like you enjoy baiting people into arguing with you.

I would like you to stay here and participate, but you must know that some of these inane and incorrect things are not productive. A good post of yours? Cone fountain tube building. That sounds interesting. Contribute information you know to be correct and ask questions about things you are interested in. That is what everyone else does here, and it makes for an active and informative community.

It is very simple for you to make a good reputation here, and then we can all continue learning about our common interest.

anyka taking apart shot gun shells is not a cheap way of getting smokeless powder. trust me that is a secret not worth keeping

Anyka, making NC at home costs me far less than dissecting shotgun shells. Don't know how's the price of HNO3 and H2SO4 in the states, but a liter of nitrating mixture of HNO3 67%/H2SO4 95% costs me 3 euros. With this one, I can do a LOT of NC.

Dangerous? Don't think so. It's not TNG.

Edited by 50AE

It hurts, it really does. I'm not the person on here who rants etc But your methods are sloppy, also your "advice" is poor to say the least! AND you claim you have a degree in chemistry

My chemistry is not "strong" but CuO acts as a high temperature oxidizer (I'm sure I maybe correct on this)