APC Forum

And a good time was had by all...

TheSidewinder

Thanks go out to Dagabu and the Northern Lighters Pyro guild (NLP).

They had their Fall shoot yesterday at the Afton Apple Orchard, about 45 minutes from where I live, and a surprising of WPAG members showed up to help them celebrate.

There was a potluck, bonfire, good camaraderie, and fireworks of course. Very good fireworks, too!

All in all, it was great fun. Can't wait until next year, when I hope to be able to attend another one.

TS

They had their Fall shoot yesterday at the Afton Apple Orchard, about 45 minutes from where I live, and a surprising of WPAG members showed up to help them celebrate.

There was a potluck, bonfire, good camaraderie, and fireworks of course. Very good fireworks, too!

All in all, it was great fun. Can't wait until next year, when I hope to be able to attend another one.

TS

Sidewinder,

Thanks so much for joining us! I was great to meet you and put a picture to the name. I really wish I could have everyone here come and join us last night. The food was terrific, the fireworks were incredible (except for mine) and the company was spectacular!

Seriously, if you are not a part of a club, you don't know what you are missing.

D

If I had been aware of the NLP shoot earlier, I would have made my way up too. I went to the Heartland Pyro shoot instead. I gladly would have preferred to save myself from all aspects of Chicago. I dislike that city more and more everytime I am near it.

Your fireworks weren't the only ones that failed to impress. 3 ball shells with priming issues, a drawout that had an insert blow up the rest of the shell (except bottom shot), and an 8 timed spider that didn't light a single insert. I really don't understand how the spider and drawout failed. I've never had this level of failure before. It's embarassing.

Meh.... Blame it on the weather.

God knows the temp, humidity, and barometric pressure have been ALL over the place the last two weeks.

Eric H had one beraq shell that was perfectly spectacular, and an almost identical one that..... well.... wasn't, lol. He was scratching his head, too.

And I had no idea so many WPAG members were planning to attend. We could have staged a coup d'etat. ;)

I did blame it partly on the weather. It definitely affected the lift on many shells there that night. I fired some shells out of long guns, and they got up just fine.

TS

Cool stuff! I'm gonna look into MPAG this spring I think. Seems everyone has a great time, even if they don't build any more... But I could always make smoke during the day LOL!