APC Forum

Quotes, Anybody?

Skycastlefish

I thought it might be fun to have a "quotes" page for both random and hobby quotes. I'll start-

"Children are small and tenacious opponents who are trying to replace us." ~ Stephen Colbert

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skycastlefish

• TrueBluePyro

• Ralph

• scarbelly

Good thinking. Quotes are awesome. Doesn't it just feel great when you can quote someone famous off of the top of your head?

"A small leak can sink a great ship." ~ Benjamin Franklin

as people we often hate each other we fight and we squabble we go to war we blow each other up but have you ever tried living with out freinds i say smile and be glad that your not a hermit.Ralph Edited by Ralph

"If I were your husband madam, I would drink it!"

Who knows that one?

I think we should remember to credit our quotes. Otherwise it will be hard for others to requote later on, and that person doesn't get credit. With that said, another quote.

"Time has no meaning when you're free." ~ Theory of a Deadman (musical band)

"Education isn't the filling of the pail but the lighting of a fire" - William Butler Yeats

"Imagination is more important than education. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

"An escalator can never break, it can only become stairs" - Mitch Hedberg

"A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer" - Mitch Hedberg

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!" - Samuel L. Jackson

“I think I can safely say that nobody understands Quantum Mechanics” - Richard Feynman

"There are two types of people in this world; those with loaded guns, and those who dig." - Clint Eastwood

"flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes." - Rex Kramer from Airplane

"Warning: Made in taiwan." - Translations on an airsoft product

"Never buy a bowling ball with a wick in it" - From a book of quotes my Grandfather collected. Not sure the original source.

I think we should remember to credit our quotes. Otherwise it will be hard for others to requote later on, and that person doesn't get credit. With that said, another quote.

"Time has no meaning when you're free." ~ Theory of a Deadman (musical band)

sorry but im so full of my self i quote my self (things i have said that are recorded) but dont want to look arrogant so dont say that i said it

is it better to be right all the time or to continuously make mistakes and learn from them ? some people that certainly benefited from their mistakes were Roy with Teflon Fleming with penicillin and walker with matches there are heaps more i cant think of so go out have some fun and dont be afraid of making mistakes. Ralph

Edited by Ralph

Who knows that one?

It is somewhere in my memnory, in a place I cannot remember. I remember it being a reply to something on the lines of "if you were my husband I would put poison in your drank".

Who was it?

My apologies. It's certainly no problem ;)

Yea, no problem. If its you, then just quote yourself so that we can quote you. Do the old ~Ralph. :D

ok hmm now to find another one (good old searching back through facebook)

the pursuit of happyness is vain, but the pursuit of friendship and knowledge brings great joy . Ralph

Edited by Ralph

In between goals is that thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed.

--Sid Caesar

If a man does his best, what more can he do?

~COD4 lol, dont know who really said it, but that is where I remember it from.

A true goverment

big enough to give

you everything you want,

is a goverment big enough

to take from you - everything you have....

~N/A

Experience is what you get when you didnt get what you wanted.

~N/A

Who knows that one?

Winston Churchill, to..Hmm Lady Astor?

Another Winston quote..."Madam, I may be drunk- but in the morning I shall be sober. You however, will still be ugly"

Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill: "Here are two tickets to the opening night of my Play. Bring a friend, if you have one."

Churchill's reply: "So terribly sorry, have a previous commitment that evening. Will exchange tickets for the second night, if there is one."

A true goverment

big enough to give

you everything you want,

is a goverment big enough

to take from you - everything you have....

~N/A

That was Thomas Jefferson TBP- just alittle different.

"Acceptance is not worth conformity while giving up individuallity."

-myself

“War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses."

Major General Smedley Darlington Butler

correct richtee.

Lady astor: If you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee.

Churchill: If I were your husband, Madam, I would drink it.

"Half the lift, half the fuse, half the powder." - B line safety, in a discussion about salute construction.

"To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail." ~ Michael Jordan

"The journey is more important than the end or the start." ~ Linkin Park

I love reading these, please send in more. :D

ok

searching through the past few months worth of posts found 2 ok ones

"don't waste tomorrow crying over what happened today, life is to short :D "~ralph K

"it takes great courage for some one to voice an unpopular opinion but it only takes a coward to prey on them" ralph K