APC Forum

Where to buy books and videos without spending a ton?

Megladon

As I'm quite new to the hobby there is alot I dont know, and because of this I was paying a lot more then I should be.. I'm looking for places people buy books, or even dvd's and chemicals from that are as inexpensive as it can be. I had been buying books from skylighter, and I feel lucky my biggest order was when they had a 50% off sale. Yesterday I found the AFN website that had alot of the same books, but about a 40% difference in price. So yea, I just placed a 402$ order with them. Anyone have anywhere else to look besides those 2?

Thx

I've actually had pretty good luck with ebay as far as getting cheap books and stuff. Another good resource would be Passfire. You can find pretty good deals on books, chemicals, etc there.

Abebooks.com (or your country!) if you know some details then you can search books by author, title, subject ISBN et al.

Book dealers tend to stock several grades of books from publisher's new perfect first edition with dust jacket (expensive!) to ex library or in our case a laboratory copy - may be marked stained etc much cheaper.