APC Forum

lots o things

flamingape

so .... starting a new life here in auburn alabama. i was just wondering if anyone knew of any chem supply stores or glass supply companies stationed here. id like to continue my studies of scince outside school.

also id like to know if anyone lives nea here. itd be grewat to be able to hangout wu=ith anyone with an interest in amature chemistry and pyro.

im about to go back home for all my stuff, lots of glassware and chems, my first experiment planned is bromination of butyl alchohol for grignard reagents for methyltion.

sorry in advance for my grammar and spelling im simewhat intoxicated... we bought a botle of pure EtOH forv flaming Dr. Pepper drinks and i just got off a long day at work.

alls well....

-flaming ape

I can't help you with the glassware, but I can with the flaming drinks. Drambuie makes an excellent flaming shot. In the Air Force, we called them "Afterburners". Served up on a platter, several lighted shots are very impressive. The goal was to shoot the flaming drink, and when the glass is put down, it must still be burning from residual vapors. Not something to do when you are too drunk. Inhalation of the flaming alcohol = death. Even sober, it is intimidating, and if you spaz out when drunk, you can get hurt. I saw a guy's hand tremble too much; he slapped the glass down, smiled, and half his face was on fire from spilled Drambuie.

The secret - lick your lips first, especially the upper, and the tip of your nose. If you have a moustache, you will smell burnt hair for 2 days.

Slow and steady wins the race! :D

I can't help you with the glassware, but I can with the flaming drinks. Drambuie makes an excellent flaming shot. In the Air Force, we called them "Afterburners". Served up on a platter, several lighted shots are very impressive. The goal was to shoot the flaming drink, and when the glass is put down, it must still be burning from residual vapors. Not something to do when you are too drunk. Inhalation of the flaming alcohol = death. Even sober, it is intimidating, and if you spaz out when drunk, you can get hurt. I saw a guy's hand tremble too much; he slapped the glass down, smiled, and half his face was on fire from spilled Drambuie.

The secret - lick your lips first, especially the upper, and the tip of your nose. If you have a moustache, you will smell burnt hair for 2 days.

In the Navy we called them Flaming Hookers. The planes I used to fly and even the base I used to fly them from is gone but the memories are there. I remember one afternoon when the squadron gathered at the club and, after MANY libations, yours truly decided to demonstrate the above described technique. The result was a new phenomon "The Flaming Shanker". Fortunately my squadron mates were fast thinkers and 'extinguished' me with about a dozen glasses of beer. What a waste of good beer!

The result was a new phenomon "The Flaming Shanker". Fortunately my squadron mates were fast thinkers and 'extinguished' me with about a dozen glasses of beer. What a waste of good beer!

:D :D :D

I put a guy's face out with a wet bar towel years ago when he muffed one of these. He thanked me for the bloody nose ;{)