APC Forum

Rcandy help

Mario1

Ok so I made a batch of r candy. I used 100g potassium nitrate and 50g of sugar. 150ml of water and 80g of corn syrup. I had it on my stove on high and I think it burnt. Its like a carmel color and its kinda hard to light it and keep it lit. I know I messed up. And ive have searched alot. I really need a guide before i destroy more of my potassium nitrate. Thanks.

My stove has low, medium, and high. I set it on high and i screwed it up. Im going to try again soon. And how do I store this when i am done making it? It is very hard and I cant mold it to fit a tube.

Here's a good web page: http://www.jamesyawn.net/skillet/large/index.html

Once made, store in an airtight box. Add some dessicant packages, if you're worried about it getting wet. Are you doing this on a stove in your house? If so, try to do it outside. Get a camp stove, or an electric hotplate. Having 150 grams of RCandy going off in your kitchen isn't going to make mom very happy.

I think your problem is the corn syrup. You made the fuel too fuel-rich, and won't burn very well. I would suggest taking the amount of corn syrup down to 20 grams or less. As for it being hard...there are two solutions.

1. Cook it for less time, so that it is slightly moldable. Put it in your rocket tubes right away.

2. Cook it until hard. Smash it up, using a mortar and pestle, until it is a fine powder. Then ram into your tubes as if making a BP rocket. I have tried this, and it can function as a core-burner with a short core. It's almost like a slow endburner.

Ok so does this sound good?

100g potassium nitrate

50g granulated sugar (or should i use powdered??)

20g corn syrup

100ml water

What should I cook this at? Low or medium? Thanks and how do I know that it is done.

-Mario

1. Use the webpage I gave you. It takes like 5 minutes to read, and explains everything, and more.

2. Get an electric hotplate. From what you're saying, you are using a stove, which implies cooking this stuff inside a house. Cease and desist until you can make this stuff outside. Wal-Mart has electric hotplates for 18$.