APC Forum

Molten Silver

Pretty green flame

Name of composition: Molten silver

Composition Type: Silver streamer

Creator: PGF, I guess

Color/Effect: Few large silver sparks resembling molten silver being poured during flight, bright head.

The Composition: (by weight)

Potassium Nitrate: 60

Sulfer: 22

Charcoal: 5

Titanium (See comment below): 11

SGRS: 2 (Or more dextrine)

Any Precautions/Incompatabilities: Pretty stable on it's own, titanium may spark when rubbed against metal tools.

Precedure/Preparation: Ball mill everything except the Titanium for 30-45 minutes. Only suitable for cut stars, unless you want to scratch your tooling beyond recognition.

*Titanium: Use a coarse grind of GRANULAR titanium, something around 20 to 30 mesh, this is neccessary to create the effect of dripping molten silver.

I will put a movie of these stars ASAP here on APC.

PGF

Name of composition: Molten silver

Composition Type: Silver streamer

Creator: PGF, I guess

Color/Effect: Few large silver sparks resembling molten silver being poured during flight, bright head.

The Composition: (by weight)

Potassium Nitrate: 60

Sulfer: 22

Charcoal: 5

Titanium (See comment below): 11

SGRS: 2 (Or more dextrine)

Any Precautions/Incompatabilities: Pretty stable on it's own, titanium may spark when rubbed against metal tools.

Precedure/Preparation: Ball mill everything except the Titanium for 30-45 minutes. Only suitable for cut stars, unless you want to scratch your tooling beyond recognition.

*Titanium: Use a coarse grind of GRANULAR titanium, something around 20 to 30 mesh, this is neccessary to create the effect of dripping molten silver.

I will put a movie of these stars ASAP here on APC.

PGF

You really love developing silvers eh? I liked the other silver you made and would love to try this, but only have Ti sponge available. :(

Nice looking formula, simple and probably very effective.

I have used plastic syringes very well for cheap star pumps. If you can find a supplier in your country look for the medical syringes with a very short marked sterile life date they come very cheaply and you are going to kill it with sharp Ti so you can regard them as disposible star pumps. -Just keep on the right side of your country's drug laws! If possession is illegal then dont.

If you say "without the needle" they wont ask a thing. The problem with these syringes is that you can't pump your stars very hard resulting in a weak star.

You really love developing silvers eh?

Hehe, true, mostly because the chemicals needed are relatively easy to get, or there are atleast few exotic chems used. As far as the titanium sponge is concerned, you could try a small batch, it may still work as long as the particle size is pretty large.

I have used plastic syringes very well for cheap star pumps. If you can find a supplier in your country look for the medical syringes with a very short marked sterile life date they come very cheaply and you are going to kill it with sharp Ti so you can regard them as disposible star pumps.

Yeah, those plastic syringes are well suited for disposable pumps, though when you have a large-ish ammount of powder then i'd rather not resort to plastic pumps purely because it's time consuming. For a small ammount they're OK.

For some type of stars this wil work just fine, like D1 and ravaz (10mm). But stars with a lot of C work in 13.5mm but they're a NO-GO in <10mm.

It can be used for comets as well.

Edited by Aneantis

• 2 months later...
Hehe, true, mostly because the chemicals needed are relatively easy to get, or there are atleast few exotic chems used. As far as the titanium sponge is concerned, you could try a small batch, it may still work as long as the particle size is pretty large.

Yeah, those plastic syringes are well suited for disposable pumps, though when you have a large-ish ammount of powder then i'd rather not resort to plastic pumps purely because it's time consuming. For a small ammount they're OK.

That's cool,

I heard that before and wanted to confirm it.

I've never had trouble getting syringes before,

I'm a teen and if they asked I'd have to show them,

not many people would believe you were injecting anemones in you aquarium with lemon juice to kill them :lol:

This time around I just need a syringe minus the needle....